Betting with the Maestro

Maestro

With none of my friends taking an interest in horse-racing I thought it was about time I joined your community. I'm personally more of a Saturday punter as I enjoy better quality racing so it is rather disappointing I left it this late in the season to join-up, but there's a few top class meetings left and I have no doubt I will be drawn into having a crack at the all-weather meetings as the winter months progress. For the purposes of this thread I shall start with a 100 point bank and all bets will be capped at 5 points, for now. ;)

Re: Betting with the Maestro 1:55 Newmarket - £300,000 Tattersalls Millions 2yo Fillies' Trophy ; 7f There's not much form to go on here and the testing ground could prove a major problem for a few of these. The only horse with any real form in the race is Aiden O'Brien's Together who was just touched off by Godolphin's highly-rated White Moonstone a week ago in the Mean Valley Stud Fillies' Mile at Ascot which is a Group One affair. With the high draw also in Together's favour she should be a tough nut to crack but at 9/4 in a 21 runner field I'm inclined to look elsewhere with the horse having little form on ground the softer side of good. I've already mentioned White Moonstone and the horse I'm going to be taking on this red-hot favourite with is another Godolphin 2 year-old, Rumh. This 300,000 guineas Derby entrant had nowhere to go on debut after being stuck behind a wall of horses on the stands rail in a Newmarket maiden and was not given a hard time of it when the gaps failed to appear. Being out of Monsun by Royal Dubai, Rumh should relish underfoot conditions and the extra emphasis on stamina they bring. 1 point each-way, 14/1 Paddypower.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.