Skinnyman's early value football bets

Right then, here it is, this idea concentrates on the EPL, and the early odds that are available on a Wednesday afternoon/evening. Ive noticed since the start of the season that the odds available on a Friday/Saturday can be quite different to those available on a Wednesday, as the value bets and strange odds are spotted and eaten up early on. Sooooo, on this thread i am going to read through the EPL odds for each weekend at around 7pm on a Wednesday, from this forum section: http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f6/ I will read through the thread and identify 2 bets for each weekend that i am going to place at 1pt each, based on value and the points of view of the poster. There will be no starting bank, so obviously it can end up negative if not going well. This week i've chosen the following: BET 1 Liverpool vs Blackpool Torres to score anytime @ 10/11 with Coral As pointed out in this week's thread this is a blinding price for anytime. Yes Torres hasnt been himself lately, but against a side that has been described as "the worst defence ever seen in the premier league" i think its worth the price, especially as its as low as 1/4 with sportingbet. BET 2 Chelsea vs Arsenal Chelsea -1 goal handicap @ 15/8 with Bet365 As has been said, Chelsea are just too strong for Arsenal's weak defence and midfield, and i cant see anything other than a strong Chelsea victory here. 1pt on each of the above. I'll be updating on Sunday after the results, and again at around 7-8pm next Wednesday.

Re: Skinnyman's early value football bets well, small profit shown. Bet 1 went out the window within 10 minutes with Torres coming off. I didnt catch the match but i'll be watching the highlights later, but from what ive heard Liverpool were shocking and will do well to finish in the top half of the table! Bet 2 nicely came in with that cracking free kick from Alex, stunning goal. So P/L now stands at 0.875pts, good enough for me. I'll be back on Wednesday with next weekends selections.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Skinnyman's early value football bets Well, im back for another weekend. Been looking through the EPL thread today at work (naughty) and a few suggestions have jumped out at me. First bet, i'll be taking the 4.0 (3/1) available at Betfair for Villa DNB. Villa beat Chelsea at home around this time last year, and Chelsea have some defensive issues for the game too. Its still highly likely that Chelsea will come out on top, but i like the odds for what looks like a rejuvenated Villa side. Second bet isnt available let. Depending on the odds available i'll be going for under 3.5 cards in the Blackpool vs Man City game. Both Blackpools home games and all 3 of City's away games have gone under 3.5 cards so far. If the odds on this are too short then i'll be taking under 2.5 goals in the Everton vs Liverpool game instead. As said, this will be a war of attrition between two teams low on confidence. I can see a 0-0 or 1-1 draw occuring. Will update tomorrow/Saturday morning once i know what odds are available.

Re: Skinnyman's early value football bets Right, ive decided to swerve the cards betting this week, after a week of press about bad tackles, and with De Jong likely to play, im not going to bother backing the city game for under 3.5 cards. So this week ive gone with: BET 1 Aston Villa vs Chelsea Villa DNB @ 3/1 with Betfair BET 2 Everton vs Liverpool Under 2.5 goals @ 8/13 with Bet365

Re: Skinnyman's early value football bets Work commitments have meant ive been late this week, in doing so im having to take shorter odds than i'd like, unlucky as the idea was to take the early value on Weds/Thurs, but never mind. BET 1 Man City to beat Arsenal @ 6/4 with Bet365 Man City have proven over the last 2 seasons that they can step up against the bigger clubs, especially at home. I feel they'll crowd out Arsenal's midfield, cutting out their source of creativity. With Tevez on song as ever, Adebayor making a comeback, and even Balotelli set to make an appearance i cant see anything other than a Man City victory here. BET 2 Chelsea to win to nil @ 8/11 with Bet365 This bet speaks for itself. Chelsea are yet to concede at home this season and have faced much better opposition than an out of sorts Wolves side. This was available at evens with Ladbrokes this afternoon, but i was unable to take advantage, oh well. Lets see how we get on.

Re: Skinnyman's early value football bets Onto this weekends footy. BET 1 Blackpool vs West Brom over 2.5 goals @ 5/6 with Stanjames BET 2 Arsenal vs West Ham MAn Utd vs Spurs Blackpool vs West Brom Over 2.5 goals treble @ 3.41/1 with Stanjames I've bothered with anything other than single bets in this thread, but im keen to get the bank up a little with it only being at 2 points. The stats go like this for the season to date: 100% of Arsenal's home league games have gone over 2.5 goals 100% of Man Utd's home league games have gone over 2.5 goals 100% of Blackpool's home league games have gone over 2.5 goals So fingers crossed with odds like that the treble should come in nicely.

Re: Skinnyman's early value football bets BET 1 Not the game everyone expected, but the bet eventually came in. BET 2 Arsenal were below par at home, and we all know aboutthe united game. 100% records end at some time, just unfortunate it was this week. Bank now at 1.88pts. Slowest growing bank in the world!