Flat Racing - Thursday 9th Sept

StuSimmy

Working nightshift tonight so onto tomorrow where I have a busy day planned, just looking at Doncaster and thats it: 16:20 Doncaster 19 runners go to post for this class 2 Nursery and with many of these on the upgrade it should be an interesting contest. Richard Hannon's Eucharist has been progressing really well so far in 2010 and looks to still have more to offer. Took him until the 3rd attempt to get off the mark where he ran on well in a maiden race to win by a short head over the minimum trip at Sandown, needed every yard that day as he just got up to win on the line. Looked to be crying out for the step up in trip at Windsor in his next race when he ran on well to take 3rd in a 6 runner event. He was finally stepped up at Kempton next time out where he ran out a 6 length winner in very confortable fashion. Made his handicap debut LTO at Goodwood in a 14 runner field off a mark of 83, run into a bit of trouble when he was hampered over a furlong out but did well to run on gamely and get up to win the race by a neck. Only raised 5lbs for that effort and although hold up tactics in a big field is always a gamble I do feel if he gets the breaks in this race then he has a fantastic chance of landing the hat-trick. Hughes is 2/2 on board and takes the ride again today, his timing is usually to perfection so hopefully he can produce my selection with a forging late run. 1pt win Eucharist @ 6/1 (WillHill - BOG) 16:55 Doncaster Habaayib drops down into listed level for the first time today having only been involved in Group company since breaking her maiden tag at the second attempt. Won the Albany Stakes at Ascot over 6 furlongs (Group 3) as a 2 year old where she beat Lille Langtry by 1 and a quarter lengths and we all know how good she has turned out, she has won 4 races since, 2 of which have been Group 1 contests. Habaayib has only raced over todays 7 furlongs trip once, this was on her seasonal reappearance where she finished a quarter length 2nd to Puff in a Group 3 contest at Newbury. Was then entered into the Oaks and although she finished 8/17, I feel it was a good effort considering it was a group 1 race and it seemed as if she didn't quite get the trip as she weakened inside the final furlong. The softer going may also have been a negative in that race so as long as the ground stays good or goes firmer then there is no reason why she can't win this race. Should also be much more at home back to 7 furlongs and dropping down in grade. Richard Hills also back in the saddle today. 1pt win Habaayib @ 7/1 (Paddy Power - BOG) 17:25 Doncaster Roker Park looks well handicapped in this race having tumbled down in the weights so far in 2010. Won two handicaps over this trip last year, one over this course and distance in GF ground conditions off a mark of 86 and one at Newcastle in Soft ground off a mark of 90. Started this season off a mark of 95 and after five below par efforts (over 5-7f) he was dropped to a mark of 82 LTO at Chester where he showed much improved form to go a close second over todays trip of 6 furlongs. Was a bit outpaced over 1f out before running on well inside the final furlong to take 2nd place. Has been upped 2lbs for his efforts which is still 6lbs below his win at Newcastle and 2lbs below his win over this CD so he should go close today if he produces a similar display to the Chester run. 0.5pts E/W Roker Park @ 10/1 (Stan James - BOG)

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 9th Sept Doncaster: After a pretty hefty break from racing, I have found time to start looking at the form and entries again. I usually really enjoy th St Leger meeting, and have put together a few of my thoughts below. No stakes have been included as I have just played around with a few Lucky 15s. Am planning on re-starting my 'Horses to Follow' thread at the weekend... 2.00 - NATHANIEL will likely be an odds on favourite here, and to be honest, I do not see much point in looking esewhere. 2nd on debut over an inadequate 7f at Newmarket earlier in the season, he was shaping as though the step up in trip to a mile would suit. He gets a mile here tomorrow, and with the Gosden/Buick comnbination proving to be a profitable one this season, Nathaniel has a great deal of things going for him in this one. The large field does put you off having a large bet on him, but, as we are concentrating on level stakes this week that is irrelevant. I would like to see him win this with quite a lot in hand to be honest. 3.10 - A huge field go to post here, but once again, to my eyes this looks pretty straight forward. WOOTEN BASSETT has come out of the traps flying on 3 occasions this season, and has won 3 times. There is no way that this colt will not be competing for the very top honours next season, but for now, this looks like a target that is well within his reach. He easily won a decent sales race at York last time out, and beat a good number of this field on that occasion. Although he will be a very short price, he should have enough, especially over the extra distance, to win this well. Hanagan is having a great season, and he should be able to bag another winner onboard this opne here tomorrow. 3.45 - The Park Hill stakes can go to Mark Johnston and Frankie Dettori, who will be onboard EASTERN ARIA. A prolific winner last term, Eastern Aria has continued to impress this season - taking a group3 race already, and running with credit when last seen finishing unplaced in a decent French race. The stable are on fire at the moment, and the money has already come for Easter Aria, 6/1 being the best price available now. Rumoush has found winning to be somewhat tricky so far, but should appreciate the step up in trip here tomorrow, and she is the main danger to our selection. 4.20 - EUCHARIST goes to post for the ever dominating Hannon/Hughes combination in this one, and is taken to bag this prize for the yard that have dominated the juvenile races so far this season. Seemingly progressive, Eucharist has to overocme a 5lb penalty here, but that may well not be enough to halt the winning streak. Last seen at Goodwood, when coming out of the pack to score, Eucharist looks to be a really tough and genuine type. Hughes is having a cracking season, and he rides this course as well as anyone - so Eucharist is taken to be a confident selection. 4.55 - QUEEN OF MEAN is by far the least experienced, and lets also hope, the least exposed in this field. With only one career start to date, she dotted up in a fairly ordinary looking race at Yarmouth recently. That was on soft ground, so she should handle the conditions she will face here tomorrow. She is very well bred, and should be open to a hughe amount of improvment. Once again, we have Buick/Gosden teaming up, to hopefully bag us another win. 5.25 - The lucky last should go to the recently improved performer R WOODY. A very consistant type, he has recently shown to be a decent animal when winning a soft ground race at Newmarket. With conditions set to be similar here tomorrow, he should relish the going, and is taken to follow up that win with another one here. It is hoped that the penaly he has been struck with will not hold him back, but he does seem to be the progressive type, and should be able to take that in his stride and get his nose infront again here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.