Newmarket Friday 27th August

16:05 Newmarket The one I like in this race is Hevelius who I have previously tipped up before. Bit more exposed than some of the others in the race but still fairly lightly raced with only 13 runs to date. Is unexposed at this trip of 14 furlongs though having only tackled it once. Finished 2nd at Goodwood over the trip in a class 2 handicap, was beaten 1 and a half lengths but he was a further 2 and three quarter lengths clear of the 3rd place. Seemed to see the trip out well by staying on well that day but was never going to get to the winner. Since then he has tackled the 2 mile trip three times, all coming at Ascot. Has finished 5th, 3rd and 8th. I feel 2 miles probably stretched him despite not being beaten far at all on two of those occasions. The 5th behind Martyr doesn't look too bad considering he was denied a clear run and Martyr has went in again since and ran a respectable enough race in the Ebor last week and is now rated 105. Hevelius is now 2lbs lower than his last run and only 1lb higher than his place at Goodwood but does this race is a grade in class lower. Versatile with regards to ground conditions considering he has won on Good To Soft and placed on Good To Firm so I wouldn't be too worried what the ground is like tomorrow. 1pt E/W Hevelius @ 10/1 (Paddy Power - BOG)