Sandown - Friday 20th August

Sandown Park

Time Race Distance Entries (NR)
2:05 PM Epsom Trainers Open Day 22nd August Nursery 5f 6yds 8 (0)
2:40 PM Kaizen Partnership Handicap 5f 6yds 15 (0)
3:15 PM European Breeders' Fund Maiden Stakes 7f 16yds 14 (0)
3:50 PM Charlotte And Damian Sadler's Wedding Day Handicap 1m 14yds 15 (0)
4:25 PM Sivarajah And Bouchare Maiden Fillies' Stakes 1m 14yds 10 (0)
5:00 PM Hampton Court Handicap 1m 2f 7yds 11 (0)

Re: Sandown - Friday 20th August 2.40 Sandown The Wee Chief is one I have followed closely and actually left him out last time out for the fear he was better at 6f now he has learnt to settle. Was rather slowly away last time out over 5f but stayed on really strongly to snatch 3rd and gets to run off the same mark today and if capable of repeating that effort and getting away smarter he could be a massive danger on fastish ground to suit. 0.5pt e/w the wee chief

Re: Sandown - Friday 20th August SPEAK THE TRUTH 2.40 Sandown. 0.5 points each way. Seemed to show more like his old self last time and I think he can improve on that. Gets in this off a mark of 65, which gives him chances, and so with no trip and ground concerns, I can see him running a big race at decent odds.

Re: Sandown - Friday 20th August 16:25 Sandown I tend not to play in maiden races much but I am going to have a play in this race with Royal Assent. She is making her debut today so could be anything but pedigree suggests the trip will suit and Andrew Balding teaming up with Jimmy Fortune has knocked up an 18% strike rate this season with 18 winners from 96 runners and a further 29 places which is a fantastic record. The trainer also has a 21% strike rate with his 3 year olds in 2010 which again is a nice record. 0.5pts E/W Royal Assent @ 10/1 (VC Bet - BOG)