Ripon - Saturday 14th August

Re: Ripon - Saturday 14th August 3:30 Ripon: Midnight Martini 2pts win 1pt place 20/1 Bet365 Midnight Martini has some decent credentials and may run better than her 20/1 odds suggest. She is drawn high, handles the course and prevailing going and won't mind if it gets softer. Looking through her previous outings, Midnight Martini ran well here behind Jack My Boy early on in the season and that winner franked the form following up at Newmarket next time out. Other runs suggest she can be competitive and with few miles on the clock every chance of progressing. Favourite Tajneed has a lot going for him, however the trends suggest a younger horse may prevail. Interestingly, the Racing Post highlights that Tim Easterby won this race before with a three year old filly.

Re: Ripon - Saturday 14th August 3:30 Ripon: Lowdown 2pts e/w 28/1 Hills Drawn in the middle so should be ok and has form over the course. Softer ground should help as well. Last two races were pretty poor dispite being fancied. At 28's it seems a big price

Re: Ripon - Saturday 14th August 3.30 Ripon Tiddliwinks has caught the eye on all 3 starts on turf this season in big field handicaps, slightly unlucky last time when clear winner when drawn on the wrong side, up another 1lb for that and ground is very much an unknown but looks to be in good form right now and Ryans horses going well and Callan also riding well at the moment! 0.5pt e/w tiddliwinks 11/1 lads 5.15 Ripon City of the kings looks a massive price, having found his form again with cheekpieces fitted and proved they werent just one trick wonders when ran a solid race behind Cheers For Thea last time out in a small field, has coped with bigger fields before and although 2lb higher again and having to give weight all round he should go well with proven form on soft ground. 0.5pt e/w city of the kngs 16/1 sj

Re: Ripon - Saturday 14th August 1.55 Fieldgunner Kirkup 11/2 Should improve past the favorite, which I believe is slightly over hyped by the trainer/jockey combo. One winner & two seconds have come out of its debut race, with the winner of that race now rated 81.

Re: Ripon - Saturday 14th August 3.30 Am going to take one on each end of the draw here, Favourite Girl 20/1 ew (4places 1/4 odds) Paddypower Bang in form sprinter, seems to handle a bit of give in the ground, up against a few seasoned performers here but i cant ignore here. Damika 20/1 ew (4places 1/4 odds) Bet365 Consistent CD winner, any more rain wouldn't be a problem, usually runs its race in these big field h'caps.

Re: Ripon - Saturday 14th August 3.30 Damika ew In decent form this season and is drawn on the right side. Course and distance winner that seems to be able to perorm on any ground. Jockey Stainton seems to get on well with him and the 3lbs taken off make him look well handicapped here. 4.05 Cherry Be Successful over slighty shorter trip at Windsor last month but todays course and distance should suit perfectly.

Re: Ripon - Saturday 14th August 3.30 RIPON 0.5 E/W ON JOANNES 28/1 SJ~ PAVERSHOOZ 25/1 PP~DAMIKA 18/1 Bet365 Fav may scoot up but way too short in a race like this i think. Advance went well in this last year and will pop up at a price at some stage. The btm weight trained by Easterby has chances and he has won it with a 3yo in the past, but i'll go e/w on Joannes who on paper looks like trainers third joice but has a CD to its name and if can get rub of the green has a squeak. Pavershooz up a few lb after cracking run lto and it should go close here again. Damika who on the whole has been in good form this year and trying for third win of the year and may well get it despite being high enough in the weights. 5.15 RIPON CHARLIE TIPPLE 40/1 0.5 E/W Tote~JACK DAWKINS 33/1 O.5 E/W PP This race has cut up badly only 11 runners left but two of the rags appeal to me e/w. Charlie Tipple is way overpriced at 40's on best form problem is he hasn't been in form of late but trainers horses are in good nick and if this quirky horse puts in it would have a big chance imo and jock went well on only ride on it in a C2 at Redcar last year of 82! Deffo think this has a e/w shout at a massive price and goes without the headgear today after poor runs with it. JD has not shown best form yet for new trainer who has a more fancied runner in this but again this is well overpriced on best form and is worth the risk at the price imo.

Re: Ripon - Saturday 14th August From strength to strength guys :clap:clap I can't explain Tiddliwinks run. Was it the dead ground? Followed the fav, kicked on at the exact right moment. Traded 1.37 and 1.03 and finished 7th :unsure These flat handicaps are just not for me it seems :cry How do you flat boffins explain this run?

Re: Ripon - Saturday 14th August

Fantastic pick guys on Damika!! As far as Tiddliwinks Mileni I would suggest potentially ground not to his favour, didnt appear to pick up when asked might not be one to forget just yet ;)!!
Needs to be delivered late. Must be a combination of kicking too soon and dead ground finding him out. Think this is it. Wins nto :ok