Silence's Sporting Log.

Silence.

Hello everyone! I just decided I would take-up gambling as a hobby. It'll be fun to see if I can turn a profit, and it should enhance my viewing experience, because as they say, 'it matters more when there's money on it.' I'm new to gambling though, so I could take awhile to get the hang of things. Feel free to offer me any advice you may have. I'll bet on any sport, but I'll mainly be betting on football. I'll try and add a bit of variety by throwing in bets on other sports every so often. If you'd like to suggest a bet, I'd love to hear from you. I'll use a points system, and I'll start with 15 Points. For reference, 1 Point is equal to 1 euro. If you're following one of my tips, I'd appreciate if you let me know, either by thanking the post or replying here. I guess I'll see you guys around, Silence.

Bet 1: Sporting Braga vs. Portimonense - Liga Sagres. 13/08/2010. Here's my first bet anyway, it should be relatively straightforward, as the odds will show. Sporting Braga vs. Portimonense. Sporting Braga win @1.36. (Paddy Power) My first bet is on tonight's Liga Sagres clash between last year's runners-up, Sporting Braga, and newly promoted, Portimonense. Sporting Braga should have no problem seeing off Portimonense tonight, and I am confident that Braga will win, and win comfortably. Sporting Braga were last season's suprise package, pushing Benfica right until the last game of the season in the Liga Sagres. Their efforts earned them a place in the Champions League, where they will take on Sevilla in the midweek qualifiers and Domingos Paciência will want to go into that match brimming with confidence. Sporting Braga have been very busy in the transfer market this Summer, and have made a few decent signings. We've already seen Braga's quality, as they comfortably dispatched Celtic 3-0 at home in the Champions League. Last season, Braga had the best defensive record in the Liga Sagres, and the signing of a few defenders and four goalkeepers will only add more strength to an already solid defensive unit. I can't see Portimonense scoring tonight, so it should be an easy opening game for Braga. On the other hand, Portimonense have signed thirteen new players in the hope of surviving their first season back in the Liga Sagres, though I don't see that helping them tonight. The signing of goalkeeper Hugo Ventura from Porto will help steady things up at the back, but it won't be enough to keep out a hungry Sporting Braga. So, I'm going for Sporting Braga to win tonight. You may want to go for Sporting Braga -1, or Sporting Braga to win to nil, but I need to concentrate on building up my bank first. 9 Points - Sporting Braga to win @1.36. (Paddy Power)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.