Redcar - Sunday 8th August

Re: Redcar - Sunday 8th August 5.40 REDCAR SOTO WIN 10/1 WH 10's is to big a price for this front runner imo. Beat the fav at Catt inJune and is better in today! Can be a bit of a quirky customer but all four wins have came with todays jockey on top. I am expecting a very big run today and will be hard to catch from the front imo

Re: Redcar - Sunday 8th August Sunday 7th August 4:40 Redcar I am really keen on the chances of Before The War of getting off the mark today and think Luca Cumani's colt can win this today. Not one of the stable stars by all means, but was staying on very well over 8f in a Newmarket handicap, after being distinctly outpaced. It looks like the extra couple of furlongs will be of benefit to him. Didn't run that well on his only try at today's distance at Yarmouth, but was running that day off 3lbs higher, and although backed, never ran a race at all and I'm willing to put a line through that. It's performances in maiden company were nothing spectatular, but all showed that he requires the extra yardage to be competitive. Quite closely related to a decent US winner who won plenty of times over this sort of distance, and I think a mark of 65 is pretty lenient for a horse with this pedigree. Needs to improve but I think will. Some of the main dangers I feel will come from Leaving Alone, a horse I backed lto. However, got the feeling she's a bit one-paced, and may perhaps struggle to be competitive without being dropped a few more lbs in the handicap. Plus Ultra may also be of some notice on his first run after leaving Henry Cecil, the form of that horse is sketchy to say the least, and although the Kirby yard are in good form, I don't think Henry Cecil would wanted rid if he thought he could get a race in him. The Swinbank entry Hail Bold Chief could also be a danger, especially with Swinbank's good record here, and although staying on well, that race was very poor and will need to improve a lot, and at the likely price, I'm not willing to back. Luca Cumani has an exceptional record here, with 4/25 in the last three seasons. And when teaming up with J-P Guillambert at Redcar, they have a record of 2/2. Cumani's only runner on the card, unlikely they'd trek all the way here to not run something without a valid chance, and to me, it's a very solid bet. 3pts EW @ 7/2 >Bet365 BOG

Re: Redcar - Sunday 8th August 15:10 - Kookie @ 50/1 Stan James (BOG) E-W Has not shown a great deal in handicap company but this looks a very poor race on paper, the step up to 8 furlongs is interesting and the horse did show some ability in maiden races, longshot but could surprise.

Re: Redcar - Sunday 8th August 16:10 - Convitezza @ 125/1 Stan James (BOG) E-W Again another longshot here and on form the horse will have to run alot better but its such a weak race that the first time blinkers, if making a difference could see this one in a better light. I think he will be more suited by the trip of a mile.