Glorious Goodwood (Day 1) - Tuesday 27th July

Re: Glorious Goodwood Day 1 - 27th July 14:10 - Indian Days (EW) @ 25/1 VCBet BOG Were missing one already here, with South Cape pulled put so were down to 15 runners for now. A class 2 handicap run over 10 furlongs, I've looked at Johnston's as I believe he'll have a good festival, he has three in this but its a hard call what one to side with, I've looked elsewhere, something at a price, which leads me to: Indian Days - The stable will be full of hope here tomorrow with two runners, they saddle Dandino who's on a five-timer and must be the stable star. First up though in Indian Days, the horse is a consistent type at this level who goes well over the trip here, he has not had much favour from the handicapper. The trip is obviously one he enjoys, this will be the horses six consecutive start over the trip, he has two distance wins. He has two placed efforts over the C&D one of which coming in May, he looked like he could hold on from the front only to be caught in the final furlong by Imposing. He'll be ridden by Dale Swift, who's riding on the flat now since reducing his weight, he has had a good season and maybe will get a big race win to top it off, its his only ride of the day. He'll claim a useful 5lb this time, the horse has been dropped 2lb since his last race, Dale Swift rode this horse lto and claimed 7, so the horse is effectively runing off the same mark. I've watched the last race back over the C&D and he keeps plugging on, he went widest of all round the bend and headed for the stands rail, I think he has more to offer this time, Whilst the horse has not won off anything like this, he has ran well in defeat suggesting that its possible he could strike. The stable had one runner on Monday, which won, so that will give them confidence coming into this. At the price of 25/1, I'm happy to go in each-way.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.