Sandown - Thursday 22nd July

15:55 Sandown Wide open race this with several horses having strong claims. I'm torn between two here so going to have two bets in the race. Firstly All The Winds made his UK debut for his new trainer last month in what was his first run since November, he finished a very creditable second place that day and is definately entitled to come on for that run. Should be fitter for this and the drop back of two furlongs should be suited. Is up in class but he travelled extremely well in said race and gave the eventual winner a cracking race only going down by quarter of a length. Just going for a small win on the horse, the place money is still good value but I'm willing to risk it on the nose. My other fancy in the race is the John Dunlop trained Harlestone Times who runs off bottom weight in this race. Ran one of his best races to date in quick conditions when finishing 3rd at Ffos Las in a class 4 maiden on his penultimate start. He was last on the track back in October when second to Avon Lady at Brighton. It seems as if he has been running over inadequate trips so far so its fair to say he has shown some promise, especially in his last two races. This is his first race in handicap company and he really is running off a featherweight, the step up in trip is sure to suit as well as he is bred to suit middle distances. This is his seasonal reappearance so fitness is my main concern but at the price I'm willing to chance that the trainer has him ready. Still lightly raced and is likely to progress having been gelded over the winter. David Probert is an interesting jockey booking having never been in the saddle for the trainer before. The trainer is having a relatively good year with a 15% strike rate and he also boasts a 15% strike rate at this track. 0.5pt Win All The Winds @ 8/1 (Paddy Power - BOG) 0.75pt E/W Harlestone Times @ 12/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Sandown - Thursday 22nd July 3.20 Crying Lightning WIN 10/3 Sportingbet Backed this in the Albany and ran on well after taking time to get going following up a good victory at Leicester. Form of the Albany is looking pretty good and this step up in trip should suit. Bit of money too is positive

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.