Tennis Alchemy

Getafix

1bHQ17uqRIwpz46fddJcJRPPMUgpWvo4AL9rZCtTaRk= Hi All, A little about this thread: I have been studying men's professional tennis for the last 3-6 months and finally feel I understand the sport and the player's strengths/weaknesses to make a profit. I am hoping to transfer skills I have acquired from horseracing betting to Tennis, almost like a portfolio diversification. This thread will be simple, I will start with a £10k bank, betting to win £100 per match. When the odds on a selection are less than 1.1, the staking mechanism will be changed to that of risking at most £1k. So at worst 10% of full bank could be staked on one selection. It may sound risky but when you do the Math, the nature of these low end odds, even when no edge, should still lose infrequently (about 1 in 10 times at 1.1). I will change these rules if and when, I feel fit, as ultimately it is my money at stake. I have also been studying Women's tennis and may start betting on that in due course soon? Depends really on the success of this as don't want to spend anymore time than necessary if this doesn't prove successful. All these type threads require a target so my first target will be to double the initial bank to 20k. Will post my selections for today soon.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis Alchemy

TourSelectionOddsBookieStake
Campbell’s Hall of Fame Tennis Championships - NewportRyan Harrison1.92Betfair71.13
1.86TitanBet41.71
Mardy Fish1.28Betfair364.44
Davis Cup, World Group, QF, CRO-SRBNovak Djokovic1.3Betfair340.14
Davis Cup, World Group, QF, FRA-ESPGael Monfils 2.1Betfair92.77
Davis Cup, World Group, QF, RUS-ARGNikolay Davydenko1.73StanJames140
I'm not sure there is a nice way to present this info on these threads so this will have to do for now? Note, that where I use a bookie, the stake will usually be rounded up to the nearest £5 increment, just as a way appear more like a mug punter. The exception to this rule will be those annoying offshore bookies who have set me up with a EUR account not GBP, so I have had to do a conversion (for clarity sake I will present as exact GBP amount here) i.e., TitanBet.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.