Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series Good luck with that mate. If this doesn't cloud over - and it isn't meant to - then Pakistan have the wicket to chase this down. Saying that it'll be a world record run chase so I'm in no hurry to take 11/4 about it happening. Hopefully a bet will materialise this afternoon for me to limit my losses in this test match which has been one of the unluckiest ones I've ever bet in. In the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy Salman Butt fill his boots and dominate that outright market.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series

3 for me to open up with. 3pts M.Aamer's Performance Pts - 101&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. I'm a huge fan of this 18 year old and think he could well be the bowling star of the next 10 years. I think he'll go well here. Firstly because there's a bit of cloud cover forecast which always means swing at HQ and secondly because the Lords slope will help him significantly. Aamer showed in the twenty20's that he's a handful to face and with Australia having a few left handers in their lineup in this form of the game he'll be very tough for them to face with his ability to move the ball both ways. I expect him to pick up 5 wickets over the course of the match but if he doesn't he showed in that 2nd twenty20 that he's more than capable of holding the bat. So much so that we may only need 3 wickets from him and polishing off 41 runs is perfectly achievable. I think he'll take wickets though and if he needs to cover the rest of the total with the bat I'm happy that can happen so it's the overs for me here. Almost there kev!

One bet i fancy for the 1st Test tomorrow. Tim Paine 84 or over player performance points 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Debut start for him tomorrow and i fancy him to go way over this. Aussies played Derbyshire in a warm up and Paine got 52 and 2 catches in the draw with only 1 innings each played. With this Test at Lords he has warmed up nicely with 54 in the ODI aginst England and other mid 40's scores to go along with it. Also being a wicketkeeper he'll be in the mix with catches/stumpings and should get the points. :ok
129 points from Paine:clap Shame on the Pakistan win bet but i had to have a flutter with them. All good.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series 2nd test tomorrow. I'm going with 2. Hopefully Salman Butt being captain doesn't affect his batting too much and he can hold on to his huge advantage and top score for Pakistan overall. 3pts T.Paine's Performance Pts - 93&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Initially at Lords I thought Tim Paine was a bit nervy particularly with the bat but he came out in the 2nd innings and played aggressively like he's shown he can in the one dayers. That's more his natural game and I expect that to come through here at Headingley too. As well as scoring a few runs, and I would expect at least 50 in the two innings, Headingley is reknowned for catches behind. Of the 20 wickets to fall I'd be confident at least 4 of those will be caught behind or stumped if the leggie bowls a few overs. Headingley is a good batting track but the cloud cover changes all that. Johnson, Hilfenhaus and Bollinger are all capable of swinging the ball which will bring Paine into the game. An average game with the bat will yield 50 runs and a normal game behind the stumps will yield 4 catches so I'm happy to take the overs here. 1pt ew S.Malik Top Pakistan Batsman (1st Inns Only) 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I really like Shoaib Malik as a cricketer and I'm very confident he'll improve the Pakistan batting lineup assuming he's the one who replaces Shahid Afridi in the side, which it looks like he will. He's got bags of experience and even in the one day game he's not one to give his wicket away cheaply or play shots he shouldn't. To average a shade over 36 through 29 tests is no mean feat particularly in a side who aren't playing test cricket regularly. Malik will probably bat at 6 but I don't see that being a problem because the 3 immediately above him in the lineup are still inexperienced and Farhat looks like a fish out of water as an opener. Shoaib is more than experienced and at 6/1 I think he's a decent each way bet, particularly if the new captaincy burdens affect Butt's batting.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series Ok one for me on the 2nd day. Team Innings Total - Pakistan Over 307 Runs - EVENS Stan James I think the way the Pakistan are batting they should really clear this. Only 3 wickets down and still a few others to come in also. Need to try and get a big innings lead to pressure the Aussies and really think that they will clear. About 150 runs from 7 wickets.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series Australia to win second test 11/4. – (various)

If there is one thing Pakistan have mastered over the few years it’s the art of cocking up winning matches from positions where club sides should get home, this one looks absolutely perfect to add to the script.

If Australia can set a lead of 220-250 I would expect them to be faves and that’s very achievable here despite the freak show of a first innings.

If anything gets close memories of that test match in the winter where Australia managed to put on 150 odd with the last 2 wickets and bowl out Pakistan to win will be fresh in the mind and they were a far longer price than here.

Ok one for me on the 2nd day. Team Innings Total - Pakistan Over 307 Runs - EVENS Stan James I think the way the Pakistan are batting they should really clear this. Only 3 wickets down and still a few others to come in also. Need to try and get a big innings lead to pressure the Aussies and really think that they will clear. About 150 runs from 7 wickets.
They just cant hold a bloody innings together:wall:wall

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series 6 points Australia 2nd Innings Runs Over 370.5 @ 1.83 Coral With Australia 136/2 and both Puppy and Punter steadying the ship i cant see less then 400 in the Aussies 2nd innings. The pitch seems to have less bounce and pace in it now and with Ponting on 61 he should turn that into 3 figures. We still have Hussey, North and Paine to come and can easily see 150 runs between the three which leaves about 50 odd for the tailenders to get. Australia will need to set a target of at least 250+ to give them a chance of winning this test.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series 4pts Pakistan to win 2nd Test @ 2.30 Betfair State of play: Australia 1st Innings 88 all out (33.1 overs) Pakistan 1st Innings 258 all out (64.5 overs) Australia 2nd Innings 136 for 2 (41.0 overs) This test is nicely poised going into Day 3, Australia are trailing by 34 runs but with Clarke & Ponting going well they'll fancy themselves after a terrible start and so do the bookies. The thing is these two will have to get themselves in again and I think the Pakistan attack come out firing this morning, the weather suggests it will be a cloudy start today and to be honest even if Australia do get a lead of say 250, I would fancy Pakistan to chase it down with time on their hands. Yes this Pakistan batting line isn't the best but I don't think they'll be chasing a great total.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series Australia always seem to find a way don't they? I just wonder if this tail wags any longer what state the Pakistan batsmen will be in, they're clearly not full of confidence at the moment, need to get this last wicket!

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Australia - 2 Twenty20 Internationals & Test Series Paine got a couple of catches today to bring his performance in so I made a 0.5pt profit on the 2nd test. Butt top scored for Pakistan overall so +8 there so overall for the test series I ended -3.5pts which is a fair enough result having been -12 after the 1st test. Well done to all who made a profit in this series :clap.