Sandown 2nd July

2.20 Sandown Osiris Way was a good winner on first start of the season and nearly followed up next time out when 2nd over CD off a 3lb higher mark, up another 2lb but well handicapped on old form. He will appreciate the rain that has fallen at sandown and looks overpriced at 8/1. 0.5pt e/w osiris way 8/1 pp 4.35 Sandown Kaolak is a very tentative selection having been pulled up last time having lost his action, clearly ok as he lines up here today, he went with plenty of promise the time before and easily his best effort for some time without visor, visor back on today and Catlin back on board (he won on him 2 times last year) and now 6lb below last win, J Ryan finally off the cold list with a win couple days ago and a sign things are turnign for the yard who had a fantastic season last year. 0.25pt e/w kaolak 18/1 pp 5.05 Sandown We know very little about Swinging Hawk, but he appeared to a useful enough 3yr old in france and sent off outsider of 7 runners at pontefract a couple weeks ago and unlucky to finish second to the useful markington, he is due to go up 6lb on his next start so looks well treated having finished well clear of the rest of the field that were no mugs and aslong as their is more to come he could be very hard to beat. 1pt win swinging hawk

Re: Sandown 2nd July 14:20 Sandown Interesting contest to open the card at Sandown and with showers expected it is unknown what state the ground will be tomorrow. It is currently good but if the rain is going to fall like forecasted then it may well be Good To Soft. As much as I rate Rocket Rob's chances, I would not be wanting to take 9/4 on him if the ground conditions were to change so therefore I am going to side with one who will like the ground whether it is Good or Good To Soft and that is Cheveton. Three poor runs to date so far in 2010 but that has led to his handicap mark falling below his last winning mark. Started the season off a mark of 97 and after a further drop of 3lbs in the handicap he is now rated 89. His last win was in GS conditions at Haydock off a mark of 91, he was fairly out of form before running home a 16/1 winner that day so the fact he has run three poor races so far in 2010 does not bother me. All 7 of his wins have come over the minimum trip and from 29 runs to date he has notched up a 52% place strike rate with 7 wins and 8 places. Phil Robinson takes the ride for the first time which is an interesting booking for me, especially as he has done well for this trainer in the past with 1 win and 3 places from 5 rides when teaming up. I may still have another bet in this race tomorrow, it all depends what the official ground is in the morning but right now I am happy to take an each way bet on Cheveton as I believe if the ground was to change to GS he will go off at a lower price so I am snapping up the price on offer just now. 0.5pts E/W Cheveton @ 16/1 (Paddy Power - BOG)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.