Hamilton 24th june

Re: Hamilton 24th june I will be there tonight, and although I won't make the call until seeing them in the parade ring, I'm probably going to be with you on Logos Astra. There was more to Cockney's 1/5 defeat last week than is being reported - he was extremely, ahem, 'coltish' in the parade ring. As the commentator put it "he's well named, and you can tell he's right up for this"! He wasn't beaten far, though, and so if he was perfectly behaved tonight I could be tempted, as there's not a lot of opposition in this race. However, the jockey booking also puts me off - Frankie is not a positive booking here. Hamilton is a challenging course, and the jockeys that do well here tend to be ones that know the course. Frankie had three rides here in one day recently - all had a good chance on paper, none of them lived up to expectations. Not all his fault, of course, but I wasn't impressed by the rides given to them. He didn't ride at Hamilton at all during 2008 or 2009 - so still has my trust to win at Hamilton at least! Logos Astra probably best of the rest. Can write off Maid of Meft quite safely I think. I backed her last time out against Cockney - she was comfortably beaten into 3rd, despite Cockney's problems (she may go another furlong), and is now 3lbs worse off against him, and also loses Barry McHugh's very useful 3lb claim.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.