Doncaster - 5th June

Doncaster 2.20 - Hajoum 10/1 Paddypower e/w Watch Amigo has dominated class 5 races. But moving down two classes doesn't mean he will find glory on his class 3 debut. Hajoum is experienced in class 3 races and is well worth 10/1. Doncaster 2.50 - Sea Lord 6/1 William Hill e/w Not much to say about this one. A more experienced horse racing against a few horses new to class 2, has a decent shot. :hope

Re: Doncaster - 5th June 14:20 Doncaster 17 runners go to post for this race, although no doubt there will be 2 or 3 non-runners so that we only have 3 places on offer instead of 4. I am going to take one drawn low and one drawn high as I really don't know how the race will unfold but I am guessing it will split into two groups. Celtic Sultan looks like the only declared front runner in the race so I really hope Fenton bounces him out the gates to pick up the lead as the horse has been held up on occasions such as LTO in similar conditions (ground and trip) where he ran on well to finish 2nd at Ayr off today's mark of 85. This suggests to me the horse is definately not out of form and if given too easy a lead out in front he may just stay put and take the race at a nice price. He is well handicapped since he is now back down to his last winning mark which came over 7 furlongs at Catterick just over a year ago in quick conditions. He made all in that race so I am hoping for a similar performance today. Hajoum is one I have been following since joining the Johnston yard. His first run for the yard over 5 furlongs was quite poor but I really think that the trip was inadequate as he was off the mark for his new trainer on his second run for him over 7 furlongs LTO. This was his first attempt at the trip and there is surely more to come as he is still relatively unexposed, especially over this trip. Conditions will be similar today (grade, ground and trip) and a 5lb rise is not hefty. A win may just have been what the horse needs and I wouldn't be surprised to see him string up a few in a row. Royston French is a capable jockey on his day and I have no concerns about him taking over the ride today. There are other dangers such as the lightly raced Watch Amigo who won over course and distance LTO, upped in class by 2 grades and upped 11lbs in the weights, there will be a race in him off this mark of 80 and I would not be surprised if that was today. Day Of The Eagle is on a hat-trick and is still lightly raced also. Won on his reapperance at Newmarket in similar conditions and should be a danger once again. 0.5pt win Celtic Sultan @ 14/1 (Stan James - BOG) 0.5pt win Hajoum @ 9/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.