A draw poker question

mikkav

I work in apub and most days and on Sunday nights a few regulars come in and play cards (always draw poker) .It's always the same lads so they don't mind losing (and winning) off each other but theres one bloke who used to play with them but now they don't bother playing if he appears.It seems he trys to bully the game eg if if one of the lads opens for a euro (its only a friendly game after all) he'll make it six and they're getting sick of it.I sit in every now and then when its quiet and I was wondering what kind of strategy to adopt against someone who trys to buy every pot.I'd love to see this fellah taken down a peg or two because he seriously believes he's the best card player since whenever.at the very lest I could tell one of the lads how to play against him.Cheers:D

Re: A draw poker question you just have to play back at him m8, make sure you are comfortable with the fact you might lose whatever you bring to the table (and you can afford that) and stand up to him. If theres one thing thats true in life is bullys hate being stood up to and thats what you must do....he cant always "have" it in the poker sense. The other option is to slowplay to him all the time but if he is half decent he might realise when this is going on and its a bit dangerous at the best of times anyway. Trust me if you learn how to play back at him or take a few big pots off him he wont be so much "the man" anymore :clap

Re: A draw poker question Thanks for the advice m8 I don't alway play (too busy gettin' them drunk) but I'll pass on the message .I'ts funny really but the other guys ARE quite handy at poker I think its just because they feel that their "friendly" game becomes a war when this guy is on the scene and he's around a lot cos he's retired from his job and spends the day either playing in different games or in the bookies I reckon he sees the lads as an easy touch but if he continues that way there'll be no game he can sit down in.