Thirsk 24th May (eve)

6.55 Thirsk Shadowtime is an interesting runner in this moderate handicap with several of these not winning much, he is one that hasnt won for a longtime since 2008 off a mark of 68, often run credibably since but run one of his better races last time out off a 1lb lower mark to finish 2nd, both Templetuohy max (3rd) and Sir George (4th) have both won since both fairly impressively so if repeating that form he could be hard to beat although last time out winner Night Lily is clearly the main danger. 0.25pt e/w shadowtime

Re: Thirsk 24th May (eve) 18:55 Thirsk Wide open handicap this and I feel Ailsa Craig is overpriced. She is one of the least exposed horses in the race with only one horse running less races than her. I just feel certain factors could see her run a very solid race, firstly shes down 2lbs in the handicap again so is now only 1lb higher than her only win to date which came over this trip on good to firm ground at Bath back in August. Since then she has finished 3rd at Sandown over a mile (GS conditions not ideal so ran a nice race off a mark of 69 - 3lb claimer on board), 9/10 at Brighton over a mile in similar ground conditions (possibly in the handicappers grip off a mark of 69, did not get a clear run when already beaten but was eased down so surely would have finished closer if Hughes pushed her on), 6/13 at Southwell over the distance (first try on the AW, possibly didn't suit her - mark of 68) and finally was 11/18 over tonight's course and distance on her seasonal reappearance off a mark of 66 (more than likely needed the run and should come on for that, was also hampered 2 furlongs out and never really got going afterwards). Conditions will be ideal for her tonight. Maybe I am clutching at straws with my reasoning but I really don't feel this horse should be a 33/1 shot so I will definately be having a piece at that price. 0.5pts E/W Ailsa Craig @ 33/1 (Paddy Power - BOG)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.