Help needed

Hi this is my first post, if possible could anyone help me , Currently i'm setting up something and if possible could anyone help me find some software used by bookmakers to calculate the different returns and cost of bets, there are many different verity of bets (all depends on how many selections are picked but would anyone know if i can get some sort of software or is it all coded by themselves. screen shot below to try and explain 14jujk7.jpg

Re: Help needed

Hi this is my first post, if possible could anyone help me , Currently i'm setting up something and if possible could anyone help me find some software used by bookmakers to calculate the different returns and cost of bets, there are many different verity of bets (all depends on how many selections are picked but would anyone know if i can get some sort of software or is it all coded by themselves. screen shot below to try and explain 14jujk7.jpg
depends what you want exactly, but this stuff is done either in-house for the larger companies and by third party for smaller operators. Either way we are talking a hefty bill to do it,e.g. on the order of £100K's +

Re: Help needed If you just want the calculation function to work out returns etc on your own betting it's do-able in excel. If you're talking about becoming a bookmaker then yeah you need to look in to software providers, coding it all from scratch is going to be harder and more expensive for a worse product. I haven't had any direct experience, but know people who say Finsoft are good and they do have some big clients.

Re: Help needed Thanks , just contacted Finsoft mate it's looks like they could possibly help, got a great website idea just the money side of things might hinder the idea . I will see what sort of pricing finsoft could offer to make it.

Re: Help needed How are you going to get punters, pay for payment processing, web hosting, etc without money? I hope your business plan doesn't involve running like Jesus on your first weekend because Murphy's law applies to new business more than anything else. I don't want to sound like I'm making fun of you, it's intended as helpful advice but I've been through the startup process with a couple gaming companies and money is vital. You'd be amazed how much money you burn through before you even try to open your doors.