Perth 22nd April

16:55 Perth A return to hurdles was very much appreciated for Quartz De thaix last time out when he won by 5 lengths at Cheltenham in similar conditions (class, ground and trip) after a frustrating time chasing (4 places and 0 wins from 6 races). Is raised 7lbs for that effort but the race at Cheltenham was definately tougher than this assignment and with a 50% strike rate over hurdles (3/6) he should have a chance to win off this mark. Jockey and trainer combo won the race last year and will be looking to do so for the 2nd year running. 1pt win Quartz De thaix @ 5/1 (Paddy Power - BOG)

Re: Perth 22nd April 4.55 Tillitudlem e/w I'll take you on Stu, normally I'd be watching for the Tom George runner as he has a good strike rate up here, but so too does Jolly Jim Goldie when he has Graham Lee on board. I've had a fair bit of luck following Tillietudlum, who is named after a wee pub down in Lanarkshire where we had a couple of works night out, normally at decent rates. There's still 7s available, this horse had a very low key flat career which really only looks like he was being stretched out for a hurdling campaign and he's been progressing nicely. Astarador was a horse that I remember Howard Johnston speaking fondly of too, but I'll take you one with Tillietublum here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.