Need som beginners tips on horse betting

Right, so my father invited me along to the races here in Norway tomorrow. Neither of us know anything about horse racing, however, which is why I've come here. I'm bound to lose money on this, but I thought I'd at least try to not make a fool out of myself :ok So, I'd like some tips on how to find likely winners and what kind of bets are most profitable (e/w, to place, etc etc). How relevant is recent form? How relevant is the jockey? Any other "rules" I should follow (like, time since last race)? Any signs I should look for when the horses are shown pre-race? How relevant is the starting gate position? I know this is a lot to ask and that betting isn't that simple, but I simply don't know enough to go by anything else atm. Aim isn't to profit, but make at least somewhat sane bets. Thanks!

Re: Need som beginners tips on horse betting Il try and help not sure how many of the more knowledgeable people are about on sat night so I'l do my best lol! So, I'd like some tips on how to find likely winners and what kind of bets are most profitable (e/w, to place, etc etc). Dependant upon the price of the horse for me, if it say 10/1 imo is worth backing e/w How relevant is recent form? VERY, a horse/yard that is out of form has lots of questions to answer and if you can find a reason for poor runs then maybe its worth backing if not leave it alone until it shows some signs of life again How relevant is the jockey? Again many answers, but if you know your racing jockey/trainer or jockey/horse combinations can result in high returns in stats and also there style of racing on certain horses help etc. Also knowing which inexperienced claiming jockeys are worth there claims is useful as that can be handy Any other "rules" I should follow (like, time since last race)? Again all dependant, some horses will run 2 solid races 24hrs apart another just wont, did it have a hard race last time out? Has it run 2 good races in quick succession before? Any signs I should look for when the horses are shown pre-race? Not my thing, but there is a thread about this somewhere on here and will try and dig it up, but your looking for a bright coat, alert, healthy looking animals. Dull coats, dull eyes, etc. are not good How relevant is the starting gate position? This is open to any amount of discussion, draw can be important on some tracks on others it is non existent also important to work out where the pace is, because if there is no pace one side and loads the other side those horses on the side with pace should get a good tow into the race! As you can see horse racing far from simple its a challenge and why we all love it on here, but enjoy yourself and you will slowly learn!! Have a fantastic day!! Let us know how you get on!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.