Southwell April 5th (AW)

2.10 Southwell Smarts horses continue in hot form at the moment and Posotivity has been a revelation on the fibresand surface recently and returns here off a 1lb lower mark since 3rd here last time out after a flop on polytrack and is now only 2lb higher since last win and might be one open to more improvement having come good quite late on in career. 0.25pt e/w postivity 4.50 Southwell Wary of 3 yr olds taking on elders at such an early stage in the season but this is a weak race and Kummel Express gives the idea she is potentially very well handicapped off a 6lb higher mark after an impressive win last time out under this jockey on the fibresand and gets a decent low draw today over a trip she looks well worth a chance at. 0.25pt e/w kummel express

Re: Southwell April 5th (AW) 2.10 Southwell Picked out four for this one. Mackintosh was the one I liked most out of this bunch. I think taking the furlong off his trip will be enough to see him get his first win after two recent 2nds. The booking of Spencer looks good aswell, he has a 25% strike rate (34 wins in 133 races) round here which is remarkable. Looks to be an improver and could prove a class above the rest of these. Reprieved was another one I liked the look of, but I'm not sure on the price, expected it to be slightly bigger. After a dissapointing time in the Chapman and Camacho yard, he had his first run for J J Quinn at Southwell lto and although finishing 6th, was finishing well and should like the extra 1f today. Mr.Chocolate Drop looked interesting last year when starting to improve into a decent horse in these type of races. Had his first run this year a few weeks back and was never really in it, but that was more than likely just a run to regain fitness. With that run in the bag this one may prove interesting at a decent price. Luisa Tettrazzini is the last one I highlighted. A fustrating horse who never seems to want to get up and challenge to the line, but perhaps the blinkers may make a difference. Been slightly unlucky in the last couple of runs, and was just outclassed in a better race lto, but finished a respectable 3rd. Could challenge at a decent price. 2.5pts win Mackintosh @ 11/4 1pt win Reprieved @ 5/1 0.5pts e/w Mr.Chocolate Drop @ 12/1 0.5pts e/w Luisa Tetrazzini @ 25/1

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.