Lose Recovery

Can you knowledgeable folks help me decide to put in place a lose recovery system? Ive back tested a laying system with a 8.1% ROI. I would be laying @ at liability of 5% of my bank. Ive tested a loss recovery where if I lose a bet I increase the next to 10% risk. Doing this would increase the profit by circa 22% but would decrease the ROI. I would only double the bank for 1 turn. What are your thoughts on this, is it a runner? If it is could it be tweaked a bit? Thanks

Re: Lose Recovery

.... Ive tested a loss recovery where if I lose a bet I increase the next to 10% risk. Doing this would increase the profit by circa 22% but would decrease the ROI.....
The best test of the success of a system is the ROI (yield) rather than the profit... so I would suggest that you concentrate on tweeking your back-testing to optimise the ROI. I am running a very "soft" loss-recovery system on the "Short-priced Home Favourites" thread. It attempts to recover the square-root of any losses on the previous round. If the loss-recovery fails, then the loss is written off. This worked well during back-testing. However, running the system "live" this season, staking a fixed percentage of your bank produces better results than the loss-recovery staking system. You may be able to come up with a profitable loss-recovery plan, but my advice is to keep it "soft" and keep well away from the suicidal Martingale method :wall

Re: Lose Recovery

Are you mad? Im living in Barbados on my winnings from Roulette beacuse of that system!:lol Thanks for your input
That's probably because either you are lucky enough not to suffer a lengthy losing streak, or if not, you are nearly infinitely rich. :loon