Sandown 13th March

Re: Sandown 13th March A sneaky feeling that Howard Johnson's horses are coming into form at just the right time before the festival, he runs two at Sandown this afternoon, not a great chance in the betting but I'll follow his horses at Sandown & Ayr. 14:05 - Alvarado 28/1 Paddys 15:05 - Caravel @ 18/1 Paddys bog, e/w.

Re: Sandown 13th March

SANDOWN PARK 15:40 (DBS/E.B.F. MARES' STANDARD OPEN NH FLAT RACE FINAL (LISTED) (CLASS 1)) Horse Name: Lifestyle Noted eyecatcher: Ffos Las, 28 Jan 20102m DBS/EBF Mares' Standard Open NH Flat Race (Qualifier) (Class 6) (4YO & 7YO) B J Geraghty N J Henderson Winner �1,713 - 12 ran Good to Soft My Note This horse controlled the race all the way around then came through on the bridle to win as it liked really really impressive.

Re: Sandown 13th March 15:05 Sandown Got this down to three and will be having a play on them all: Qaspal - This horse has fairly excelled since moving into handicap company with two wins to date. Won over the trip at Kempton on Good To Soft off a mark of 110. Several horses have placed again NTO but Lady Jinks who finished in 9th place that day won fairly easily in a Novice event at Wincanton yesterday. Qaspal then went on to win at this track over 20 furlongs, he was very keen that day and still managed to win so easily. Has been raised 14lbs for this but McCoy attempting to make the weight of 10-3 today (for the first time in around a year) and the fact he suggested this race for the horse makes me feel he is worthy a favourite for this race, the only worry is the good ground but he did place on the going on his debut so hopefully he will handle it today. The Hobbs yard is on fire at the moment as well with 9 winners and 10 places from the last 30 runs. Oldrik - As already mentioned for Qaspal, the Hobbs yard is firing at the moment and so is Richard Johnson who has had 11 winners from his last 30 rides and also another 6 places in the remaining 19 runs. Oldrik was last seen at Newbury in the Grade 3 Totesport Trophy when he stayed on well to finish 5th behind some nice types which include the unbeaten Get Me Out Of Here, Ronaldo Des Mottes, the progressive Manyriverstocross and graded winner Mamlook. Runs off the same mark as that race today and although he is 13lbs higher than his last win in handicap company, I do feel he will run a good race and could be in contention. Worth a chance at the price anyway. Pepe Simo - Its hard to ignore this one who has won at Listed level in Novice company off a mark of 129. Run off 140 LTO when he was 5th at Kempton on Boxing Day in the Grade 1 Christmas Hurdle. He was well beaten that day but was probably a bit out of his depth considering the winner is favourite for the Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham this week. He beat Straw Bear home that day who has won at graded level 4 times. The drop down into Listed company again will be sure to suit and a mark of 140 is definately within his capabilities in my opinion. 1pt win Qaspal @ 4/1 (WillHill - BOG) 0.4pt win Oldrik @ 16/1 (VC Bet - BOG) 0.6pt win Pepe Simo @ 15/2 (VC Bet - BOG)

Re: Sandown 13th March 16:50 Sandown Fit To Drive has strong claims off top weight if he gets over his fall LTO at Cheltenham on New Year's Day. Does run off a 1lb higher mark but useful apprentice Joshue Moore takes off 7lbs which will be vital. The horse is versatile in terms of ground conditions as he has won on Good To Firm, Good and Good To Soft going. His last win was at Kempton over the distance off a mark of 125 in this grade when he beat Le Burf by a neck who has since placed in Graded company. 1pt win Fit To Drive @ 13/2 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Sandown 13th March 2.30 Dead Or Alive EW 9/1 Coral Finished last season with a poor at Bangor finishing 9th behind de soto. Prior to that had not only been out of the places once when uneating his rider at Fontwell. Has won 3 Handicap chases and a novice hurdle is well rested and will hae no problem with the ground andif back near his best could go close here. 3.05 Pistolet Noir EW 25/1 PADDY POWER (5PLACES) Qaspal looks all over the winner to me but at 3/1 is too short for me to play. Pistoet Noir was a fine winner Juvenile novice hurdle at Cheltenham at the Open meeting. I backed him that day and was delighted with the run and the result obviously. Has dissapointed since moving to the Nicholls yard twice finishing second when going off odds on favourite. My belief is he still maintains the ability that he showed back in November and has the right sort of profile to go well in this, has a decent jockey on board in young Mr Schofield and looks over priced at 25/1 and better. 3.40 Chicklemix EW 10/1 Billy Hills Won mares only bumper last time out for Pam Sly at Fakenham beating one of todays opponents Grassfinch by 3L. Looks the main danger to heavily backed fave and could be an each way steal at the price. 4.50 Oracle Des Mottes EW 9/1 BET 365 Always competitive at this level and could well end the day with a win for the Walsh/Nicholls combo.

3.40 Chicklemix EW 10/1 Billy Hills Won mares only bumper last time out for Pam Sly at Fakenham beating one of todays opponents Grassfinch by 3L. Looks the main danger to heavily backed fave and could be an each way steal at the price. ey up pete, i have heard that the other sly runner will appreciate the ground and will be the stables hope with gina andrews up top. had a small dabble at 80.0 on betfair!

Re: Sandown 13th March 2.30 Or Jaune WIN Racked up an excellent 3 timer at this level last year and has not been performing in better company. 13 lengths behind Monkerhostin LTO in class 2 and been dropping down the weights again and this race looks winnable at a nice price

Re: Sandown 13th March 2:00 Sandown: Aberdale 2pts win 10/1 William Hill & Red Harbour 1pt win 6/1 Ladbrokes Aberdale looks to be worth an interest, more on promise than what he has achieved. He has looked useful so far and with this step in to handicaps he could move forward again. Trainer won this race for Trevor Hemmings a few years back. Red Harbour comes in to this race fairly handicapped and representing the powerful Ruby Walsh Paul Nicholls combination. A good bumper winner if can improve a touch over obstacles he should go very close.

Re: Sandown 13th March FABULOUS FRED 2.00 Sandown. 0.5 points each way. Got his first win last time, and I think he'll gain plenty of confidence from that and imprve much more. The trip and ground shouldn't concern him and the rise in weights should be dealt with with natural improvement. I think the big field can help him too and so at a decent price would be worth a bet.

Re: Sandown 13th March In the first NTD runner BABYSITTER has just caught my eye. A winner lto and can go on from that. Upped a great deal in class but shrewd trainer can get more out of the locker and at 25's is worth a few bob e/w. With Cheltenham just around the corner would be good to see the stable get in the winners inclosure with some of their runners today.

Re: Sandown 13th March 3.05 PRESS THE BUTTON is as big as 12's in places with the bookies that looks a cracking e/w price for this improving sort but i'll go for the win and take CALLISTO MOON 40/1 e/w as i just think this is way to big for horse who improved on the flat last year and has run well in this in the past and has plenty going for it today.

In the first NTD runner BABYSITTER has just caught my eye. A winner lto and can go on from that. Upped a great deal in class but shrewd trainer can get more out of the locker and at 25's is worth a few bob e/w. With Cheltenham just around the corner would be good to see the stable get in the winners inclosure with some of their runners today.
Beaten a whisker :wall... but good to see the stables horses running well

Re: Sandown 13th March Originally Posted by devil tish ey up pete, i have heard that the other sly runner will appreciate the ground and will be the stables hope with gina andrews up top. had a small dabble at 80.0 on betfair! 2nd Great Call old son :nana:nana....thought it was going to win

Originally Posted by devil tish ey up pete, i have heard that the other sly runner will appreciate the ground and will be the stables hope with gina andrews up top. had a small dabble at 80.0 on betfair! 2nd Great Call old son :nana:nana....thought it was going to win
cheers ted, almost. great lady jock is gina, unfortunately she was up against mccoy in the finish. still nice profit and it looks like the stable backed it on course went 50's into 25's

15:05 Sandown Got this down to three and will be having a play on them all: Qaspal - This horse has fairly excelled since moving into handicap company with two wins to date. Won over the trip at Kempton on Good To Soft off a mark of 110. Several horses have placed again NTO but Lady Jinks who finished in 9th place that day won fairly easily in a Novice event at Wincanton yesterday. Qaspal then went on to win at this track over 20 furlongs, he was very keen that day and still managed to win so easily. Has been raised 14lbs for this but McCoy attempting to make the weight of 10-3 today (for the first time in around a year) and the fact he suggested this race for the horse makes me feel he is worthy a favourite for this race, the only worry is the good ground but he did place on the going on his debut so hopefully he will handle it today. The Hobbs yard is on fire at the moment as well with 9 winners and 10 places from the last 30 runs. Oldrik - As already mentioned for Qaspal, the Hobbs yard is firing at the moment and so is Richard Johnson who has had 11 winners from his last 30 rides and also another 6 places in the remaining 19 runs. Oldrik was last seen at Newbury in the Grade 3 Totesport Trophy when he stayed on well to finish 5th behind some nice types which include the unbeaten Get Me Out Of Here, Ronaldo Des Mottes, the progressive Manyriverstocross and graded winner Mamlook. Runs off the same mark as that race today and although he is 13lbs higher than his last win in handicap company, I do feel he will run a good race and could be in contention. Worth a chance at the price anyway. Pepe Simo - Its hard to ignore this one who has won at Listed level in Novice company off a mark of 129. Run off 140 LTO when he was 5th at Kempton on Boxing Day in the Grade 1 Christmas Hurdle. He was well beaten that day but was probably a bit out of his depth considering the winner is favourite for the Champion Hurdle at Cheltenham this week. He beat Straw Bear home that day who has won at graded level 4 times. The drop down into Listed company again will be sure to suit and a mark of 140 is definately within his capabilities in my opinion. 1pt win Qaspal @ 4/1 (WillHill - BOG) 0.4pt win Oldrik @ 16/1 (VC Bet - BOG) 0.6pt win Pepe Simo @ 15/2 (VC Bet - BOG)
1st, 2nd & 3rd :clap

cheers ted, almost. great lady jock is gina, unfortunately she was up against mccoy in the finish. still nice profit and it looks like the stable backed it on course went 50's into 25's
Nice shout Tish tok some of the 50's ew :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana