What Im I missing here?

Dont know if this is right place but how and ever... Say I have an event that is 75% likey to happen. Bookies have it priced at 1.5. (So bookies have priced event to happen at 50%). This tells me that there is no value in this right??? But when I run the maths through this im getting at ROI of 12.5% Say we do 20 bets @ 10 quid stakes. (Total Staked = 200) We win 15 bets (75% of 20 bets) So 15 bets @ 10*15*0.5 = 75 winnings We lose 5 bets. So loss is 5*10 = 50 Nett Profit is 25 (75-50) divided by stakes (200) = 12.5% ROI What am i missing here?

Re: What Im I missing here?

Say I have an event that is 75% likey to happen. Bookies have it priced at 1.5. (So bookies have priced event to happen at 50%).
No. Odds of 1.5 are fair if it has a 66.67% chance, not 50%.
This tells me that there is no value in this right???
If you think it has a higher chance than the bookies' odds suggest, then there is value.
But when I run the maths through this im getting at ROI of 12.5%
That looks right to me. Though I find it easier to think in terms of returns rather than profit/loss. If the bet is at odds of 1.5, then your return from a 1 unit bet is 1.5 units if it wins. So if it wins 75% of the time, your average return from a 1 unit bet is 0.75 x 1.5 = 1.125, or a ROI of 12.5%.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin
My original comment wasn't THAT funny.... a simple :rollin:rollin would have been sufficient. After all, we don't want to give too much encouragement to Mr. Kmabet ;)

Re: What Im I missing here? I feel that was a little unfair my friend!! I did not begin the discussion again I merely responded with my expert advice. Please do not clog another mans thread with abuse/jokes or threats aimed at me as this is what happens to my threads. Insane really that people on here hate me so much! :sad

..... Insane really that people on here hate me so much! :sad
Stop being so defensive, Kmabet.... I'm sure nobody "hates" you..... in fact, I think most people find you quite amusing :lol. But you bring this on yourself with the way you (excuse the expression) prick-teased everyone with your mysterious third bet thread (now locked).

Stop being so defensive' date= Kmabet.... I'm sure nobody "hates" you..... in fact, I think most people find you quite amusing :lol. But you bring this on yourself with the way you (excuse the expression) prick-teased everyone with your mysterious third bet thread (now locked).
Ok! Sorry for jumping to it but I am sure you will understand my being defensive after the abuse I have taken over the past couple of months! This here thread is another mans concern and I do not want to detract from it with talk of my old thread so can we just leave it at that please?

:rollin:rollin:rollin
I'd like to bring everyone's attention to the following... People have criticised my contribution to my own and now others threads. Doctoritcata, your only contributions to this forum since you joined have been insults and threats directed at me. You have never made a post that is not aimed at me, a criticism of me, a threat, an insult, the list goes on. You have made absolutely no positive contribution to anything on the forum other than this. You follow me around from thread to thread, forum to forum insulting me yet offering nothing helpful or positive to anybody else? I can't help but summise that you are just a sad little man with nothing to offer, nothing to say and not much to live for. Fair assumption?

I'd like to bring everyone's attention to the following... People have criticised my contribution to my own and now others threads. Doctoritcata, your only contributions to this forum since you joined have been insults and threats directed at me. You have never made a post that is not aimed at me, a criticism of me, a threat, an insult, the list goes on. You have made absolutely no positive contribution to anything on the forum other than this. You follow me around from thread to thread, forum to forum insulting me yet offering nothing helpful or positive to anybody else? I can't help but summise that you are just a sad little man with nothing to offer, nothing to say and not much to live for. Fair assumption?
Can I borrow this speech, or would that be plagiarism?

Of course you are right. You are always right:lol I am a sad little man and i have nothing to live for and i am following you like a puppy:D You are my inspiration But i'm just trying to help you;) I promise when you are cured i wont criticize you anymore:) Btw i did not addressed you, why r u trying to insult me again my dear boy:) Havent you realized so far that i cant be touched (not by you anyway)?:D Will it make you feel better or make others to believe you are a victim and im such a moron:)?Will it make others to forget how you lied on your thread about obvious things like how you never posted it elsewhere (and therefore you were lying about having this method work cause you were asking for help on other forum while claiming here you "cracked it" and so on and so on...) But again - im not trying anything but helping you:) The sooner you realize you are suffering delusions and schizophrenia/split personality the better you will be.And then the right prescription can be used:) I'm only commenting on you cause you are the only one who needs help on here - thats why my posts are mainly towards you:) All the other guys have something useful to say and contribute. And it is not true that i havent said anything constructive to you - i told you that you cant make this fantasy of yours to work:D This is purely constructive it will save a lot of time if you listened:) I can also tell you why it will never work but im not going to cause i need you to admit the truth(problem).It is the first step to recover:)) Seriously i dont feel comfortable spaming others good ppl thread - they dont deserve this,so pls dont try to attack me again,eh...:)? You little naive boy you:))

I do believe that you have just proved everything I said to be correct! How terribly clever of you Dr. And I am naive? No more from you please as I've had my fill!
:lol Are you sure you dont need glasses? Try and reread it.I cant go more sarcastic or more expressive then this:) Im sorry for you if you lack that much sense of sarcasm (or humor if you like):lol May be thats why you still cant get it that everybody is in the picture with your claims and lies. No more from you and no more from me - yes?!I've had my fill too!(you see i can use the exclamation mark as well):D:lol

Re: What Im I missing here? This is getting out of hand. The author of the thread seems to have lost interest..... but he did start it with.....

Cheers! Now off to crack slicers bet!....:eyes:eyes:eyes
.... no he didn't.... yes he did.... no he didn't....:wall:wall Time to lock it, methinks (just like most of the threads to which Kmabet contributes :tongue2)

This is getting out of hand. The author of the thread seems to have lost interest..... but he did start it with..... .... no he didn't.... yes he did.... no he didn't....:wall:wall Time to lock it, methinks (just like most of the threads to which Kmabet contributes :tongue2)
100% agree on locking this. School yard shit going on. Cope on people