Cricket: Bangladesh vs England - Test Series

Having whitewashed Bangladesh in the ODI's, England now face Bangladesh in the test series. 2 test matches which begin on Friday morning and are both live on Sky. Schedule:

Fri Mar 12 - Tue Mar 16 03:30 GMT | 09:30 local 03:30 GMT 1st Test - Bangladesh v England Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong 32.png 22 - 30° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Sunny Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Sat Mar 20 - Wed Mar 24 03:30 GMT | 09:30 local 03:30 GMT 2nd Test - Bangladesh v England Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
N/A

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs England - Test Series 2 outright bets for me. Normally I don't like taking outrights over a two match series but I think there's real good value behind these two. 1pt M.Prior Top England Series Batsman 12/1 William Hill Matt Prior is having a decent run of it on this tour. He hit a decent 64 in the ODI warm up matches and then played very well in the 2nd ODI when his partnership with Eoin Morgan set the game up for England in that match and that came off the back of a decent series with the bat in South Africa. He also hit a decent 70 odd in the warm up match against Bangladesh A so he comes into these test matches in good form. He'll be aware he needs a good series with Craig Kieswetter a very dangerous threat to his place in the side now. Some of this England side still look very uncomfortable against spin so even though Prior maybe batting at 7 there will still be enough in this for him to be worth a bet. When he is in decent touch he's no mug with the bat so I'll have a small punt on him at 12/1. 2pts J.Tredwell Top England Series Bowler 5/1 Bet365 In these conditions you would think it would be a spin bowler who tops the wicket takers charts even over a small series. So with that in mind this should come down to Swann and Tredwell. There's no doubt Graeme Swann is England's premier spinner but I don't think he represents any value at all at a best priced even money. James Tredwell is no mug. He's a very good bowler in his own right. He'll be coming into this series high on confidence after taking 8 wickets in the warm up match with Bangladesh A on the same ground as the 1st test will be played. It's a 2 horse race this I feel, particularly with the young seam attack England will have out. Swann deserves to be favourite but Tredwell's no 5/1 shot so I'll take the Kent spinner to beat his off spinning rival through the series.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.