Snooker: World Championship Qualifiers

These start tomorrow and go on until the 9th March. It should be a good couple of weeks of snooker with some juicy prices as we go along. Unfortunately the WSA couldn't agree a deal to get these covered online so there's no streams for it but there's the live scoring. Friday sees the non-Tour pro's playing each other but the tour players begin to come into it from Saturday. I'm going to take 2 outright. 2pts R.Milkins to qualify for World Championships 3/1 Skybet Robert Milkins has played some decent stuff in the qualifiers this season and I see no reason why he can't do the same here, even though this tournament is in Sheffield not Prestatyn. He's got a nice draw through here. He'll have to win 3 matches to make it through but he shouldn't have too much trouble with Ian Preece or Simon Bedford in his opener and then Mike Dunn isn't the worst opponent he could have in the next round. His final match would be against Stephen Lee who's got a few off table problems to worry about at the minute and his mind may not be totally on the job. He isn't exactly consistent either. Milkins is a solid enough player who knows how to make it to the Crucible and I'll take him to get there again this year. 1pt M.Selt to qualify for World Championships 14/1 Skybet Matthew Selt has already made it through to a final event this season and this draw gives him an opportunity to make it to the biggest venue of them all. He's got the highly rated young Thai, Un-Nooh in the 1st round but then his draw is Barry Pinches, Mark Davis and Dave Harold. Not easy but not impossible. There's no McLeod, Trump or Wenbo in there at least. Selt's scored really well in the qualifiers this season and he's clearly better than his ranking suggests. If he gets his scoring going from early on then he could have too much for the rest of his draw as we go along. The further he goes the more the pressure heaps on every passing opponent and if he can get to Dave Harold in the last qualifying round he'll have every chance of a debut at the Crucible. It's a big price on someone who's already made a final event this season so I'll have a small dabble.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.