Cricket: New Zealand vs Australia - Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series

New Zealand host Australia in a 2 match twenty20 series before a 5-game ODI series. Unfortunately this series isn't on Sky (to my knowledge) so how much betting potential there is I'm not sure but we'll see what happens. Schedule:

Fri Feb 26 06:00 GMT | 19:00 local 06:00 GMT 1st T20I - New Zealand v Australia Westpac Stadium, Wellington 30.png 12 - 18° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Partly Cloudy Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Sun Feb 28 05:00 GMT | 18:00 local 05:00 GMT 2nd T20I - New Zealand v Australia AMI Stadium, Christchurch 30.png 12 - 21° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Partly Cloudy Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Wed Mar 3 01:00 GMT | 14:00 local 01:00 GMT 1st ODI - New Zealand v Australia McLean Park, Napier 34.png 12 - 23° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Mostly Sunny Click here for 10-day-Forecast
Sat Mar 6 23:00 GMT (prev day) | 12:00 local 23:00 GMT -1d 2nd ODI - New Zealand v Australia Eden Park, Auckland
N/A
Tue Mar 9 01:00 GMT | 14:00 local 01:00 GMT 3rd ODI - New Zealand v Australia Seddon Park, Hamilton
N/A
Thu Mar 11 01:00 GMT | 14:00 local 01:00 GMT 4th ODI - New Zealand v Australia Eden Park, Auckland
N/A
Sat Mar 13 01:00 GMT | 14:00 local 01:00 GMT 5th ODI - New Zealand v Australia Westpac Stadium, Wellington
N/A

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs Australia - Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series D.Hussey player performance 27 or more points - Bet365 5/6 As mentioned before I really rate Hussey in T20's. He is a destructive quick scoring batsman with shots all round the ground and an average of 27.70 (not helped by his failure last time out). He is a safe pair of hands and averages a catch in every other match which to put in to perspective is better than most wicket keepers in T20's. As if that wasn't good enough he has picked up 7 wickets in his 11 T20 internationals with his handy offspin. With N.Zealands, smaller grounds I expect him to cover the points with the bat alone, however his fielding and bowling are a valuable insurance. Maximum 10 point bet for me.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs Australia - Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Good luck Otter :ok. Hoping the weather stays true for this series because if past years are anything to go by, there's plenty of :cash to me made :hope. Just one for me in the opening twenty20. 6pts New Zealand vs Australia 1st Twenty20 - Over 9.5 6's 5/6 William Hill The Westpac Stadium is by and large a rugby ground. So inevitably the boundaries here are small. Although the 1st innings when India batted 1st here last year had only 149 runs in it, the match still had 10 6's. 149 vs 150 is considered a pretty low scoring match so that kind of emphasises how small these boundaries are. Both these teams are big hitting sides. We've just seen Watson and Warner at their best for Australia and if they get going again this total will be made to look silly pretty quickly. Then there's the likes of Hussey, White, Haddin, Johnson and Hussey not to mention McCullum, Taylor, Oram and Franklin for NZ. So there's plenty of big hitters and a drop in wicket which shouldn't offer any demons. The weather is set fair so I'm expecting lots of big hitting so I'll happily take the overs here.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs Australia - Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Cheers Kev - nice new animation! Plenty of money would be great ;) !!! The 6's bet looks a great bet! Loads of big aggressive 6 hitters (Guptill is a 6 hitter as well) and a small ground = :cash

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs Australia - Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series

Cheers Kev - nice new animation! Plenty of money would be great ;) !!! The 6's bet looks a great bet! Loads of big aggressive 6 hitters (Guptill is a 6 hitter as well) and a small ground = :cash
:hope.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs Australia - Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series I'm seriously considering a smallish punt on New Zealand. 2 to 1 looks a bit big to me. Home advantage, the return of Oram and Bond is a lot of experience against a quality Australia line up but maybe lacking some experience. Both teams have been in form in their respective summer series'. Major concern is the pace atack of Nannes and Tait. But the 'value' bird is singing a song to me. Anyone got any thoughts?

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs Australia - Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series

Major concern is the pace atack of Nannes and Tait.
You've said it there for me mate. NZ's opener won't have seen anything like this before. Pakistan and Bangladesh aren't really good warmup's for Australia. The Aussies are buzzing at the minute. I agree the 2/1 is a big price, especially on a tightknit NZ side but I do expect Australia to win the game. Don't necessarily let me put you off though mate. Good luck if you get involved ;).

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs Australia - Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Did put a small bet on N.Zealand in the end :spank OUTCLASSED!!! The Hussey bet was easily cleared though - :clap He kept his good catching record going and only needed to hit 7 runs but instead top scored. :cash With both top orders not getting going the 6's bet never got going and Australia had such a low score to chase.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs Australia - Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Hussey 30 + points @ 5/6 bet365 - 4 points For same reasons as in first match, but with the addition of form and confidence this time. The market has increased from 27 points, but hopefully with his usual catch / wicket, he will only require 10 runs. Kev are you going for the 6's market this time - I am just checking ground details and best odds before posting, can't see a low scoring game like the last match.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs Australia - Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series I am mate. 6pts NZ vs Australia 2nd Twenty20 - Over 12.5 6's 5/6 William Hill The ANZ Stadium in Christchurch is an out and out rugby stadium so the boundaries here are very small. That's highlighted by the fact there were 24 6's in the twenty20 match between NZ and India here last year. The same two sides then hit 31 6's in an ODI a few weeks later. When England played NZ in a twenty20 match here there were 15 6's and assuming NZ have had some plans to deal with this Australian pace attack, should they bat 1st, then I'm very confident this line is too low. We know we've got the personnel to cover this line batting wise and if Australia bat 1st and really get going they'll be pushing this line on their own. I don't expect NZ to be as poor with the bat a 2nd time, they've too much power in their ranks so I'll happily take this line on a good pitch with very small boundaries.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs Australia - Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series No outright bet for me on this series. Should be a great series but I don't see a lot of value in any of the outright markets. Off to Mansfield shortly so I've not had time to have a full look into this 1st ODI in the morning but I was always taking the 6's if I got a line I liked, which I have. Only Hills have priced up so far so anyone following may want to wait and see if a lower line does appear although it must be said this line is lower than I thought it might have been. 4pts New Zealand vs Australia 1st ODI - Over 10.5 6's 5/6 William Hill Napier is another one of these smaller grounds in New Zealand. The last two completed ODI's here have all had over this line with totals of 17, 11 and 11. The pitch at Napier is always a good one to bat on and with the fast outfields you get full rewards for the shots. The ball has a tendency to sit up and with New Zealand's win in the 2nd twenty20 giving them confidence to compete with Australia, I think we'll see a close match. Both sides have plenty of hitters in their ranks, and big hitters too. McCullum, Taylor, Oram, Franklin and even Southee down the bottom can all hit a long ball for NZ and then there's Watson, Haddin, Ponting, White and even Johnson for the Aussies. Plenty of long handle merchants in this and we only need a 6-5 either way to land this one. I think we've got the conditions and the personnel to see at least 11 6's again here.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs Australia - Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series havent got much time but going with one 6 points B.McCullum, 43 points and over, 1.72 bet365 Brendan was on fire on Sunday with his 116. We have 2 ways to get points here as he can get catches/stumpings as wicketkeeper.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs Australia - Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Good work with McCullum the other day Ani :clap:clap. 2 for me tonight. Apologies for the late posting for anyone wanting to follow me. Thought it was a day night game :$. 3pts New Zealand to win 2nd ODI 11/5 Bet365 New Zealand are going well at the minute, winning their last 6 ODI's, albeit some of them being against Bangladesh. They've won the last two limited overs battles against the Aussies which is no mean feat given how well the Aussies have fared this summer. Australia will be keen to end the dip in form by picking up a win here but it won't be easy. Australia's assistance could come in the form of no Vettori here but that never helped them in Napier and Nathan McCullum knows the wood from the trees. I've a feeling Vettori may play anyway and if he does, given that he has the wool over the Aussies, this 11/5 will look big. Australia don't have many options by way of changes with them only taking a 13 man squad over to NZ. That doesn't help them with regards a boost after losing a couple of games. I think these sides are very much more even than these odds suggest so I'll take the Kiwis to pick up a win here. 4pts Over 9.5 6's 5/6 William Hill Took this bet in Napier and was amazed there was only 5 6's in that match, especially with who scored the runs and the fact there were no less than 59 4's hit. Eden Park is a rugby ground and so there will be short boundaries on at least 1 side if not 2 or 3. When these two last played on this ground there were 20 6's and while I'm not expecting that many this time, with the game being a day game I do expect to see double figures. This should be a high scoring contest which should lead to plenty of 6's so I'll take the overs here.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs Australia - Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Taylor was ruled out. 3rd bet I've had tonight over a couple of sports where the key player in the side I've backed hasn't played but has been named in the squad :wall. Vettori plays though which helps.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs Australia - Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Slight profit for me in the 2nd ODI. Going with 3 in the 3rd ODI which is overnight. 3pts New Zealand to win 3rd ODI 11/5 Bet365 I really don't think there's too much between these two sides. Both matches could easily have gone either way and one thing we know New Zealand will be is both competitive and efficient. Australia will be without their influential vice captain Michael Clarke who has gone home for personal reasons. Adam Voges looks likely to replace him. New Zealand have injury doubts over Ross Taylor and James Franklin but Taylor may well play. Both matches so far have been tight and this should be too. New Zealand have a very good record on this Seddon Park ground having won 10 out of 13 matches and with that in mind I'll take them to extend that good record by taking a 2-1 lead in the series here. 3pts B.Haddin's Performance Pts - 45&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Brad Haddin made up a total of 83pts at Eden Park and I expect him to have another decent game here. His 53 with the bat in Auckland shows he's in good form with the willow and he'll always get catches off these Aussie quicks. Haddin's looked in good touch throughout the summer with the bat but that real score has just alluded him. He's mentioned in the media how someone needs to knuckle down and convert a start into a 100. That could've been him in Auckland but for a stunning catch off his own bowling by Vettori. He will score points with the gloves but he could easily take this with the bat as well so it's overs for Haddin for me. 1pt ew D.Vettori Top New Zealand Batsman 10/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Daniel Vettori smashed 70 off 49 balls in Auckland in a top scoring effort for his side so this quote of 10/1 immediately looks a bit on the high side. Factor in doubts over Ross Taylor and James Franklin and it looks even bigger. As someone who often bets on Vettori to top score, I know from experience that generally when he's in the runs his form continues for a few matches. You'd have to say that Vettori's one of NZ's better batsman in this lineup with quite a few bits and pieces scoring batsmen around him. Vettori's in decent form with the bat and that can easily continue here. 10/1 is too big and is a solid ew bet.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs Australia - Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Not the greatest match for me in that last ODI. Only the Haddin bet came in. 4th ODI is tonight. I'm going with 2. 5pts 4th ODI - Over 10.5 6's 5/6 William Hill In game 2 of this series there were 13 6's hit even though it wasn't the heaviest game in terms of run scoring. There was no Ross Taylor in that match and he's a big boost to any 6 hitting. As I said in game 2, this is a rugby ground and the boundaries here are short. Very short. There's more than enough hitters in these sides to bring this total in. Again I wouldn't be surprised if whoever bats 1st doesn't come close to covering it in the 1st innings. There were 12 6's between these two in a lower scoring game on a bigger ground on Tuesday. Small boundaries, good pitch and a recent over to go by. Overs again for me. 3pts G.Hopkins' Performance Pts 38&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Admittedly with the timings of this series I've not managed to watched all over it but I've watched as much as I can and one person who has caught my eye is Gareth Hopkins, the NZ keeper. He's impressed me with the bat and very much with the gloves and I think this is a line he can very much achieve. In the 3rd ODI in Hamilton, he made up a total of 70pts with his performance and he made 35 here at the weekend. He'll need a couple more runs here but I think he can pick some points up with the gloves as well so I'll take the Kiwi keeper to pick up 38pts through the course of this match.

Re: Cricket: New Zealand vs Australia - Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Stole one there with the Hopkins performance bet being voided because of the rain. The 6's weren't and there was enough of them to secure a solid profit on the day.