Cricket: Bangladesh vs England - ODI Series

England head to Bangladesh for the 1st in pretty pointless back to back series home and away against Bangladesh. It's a 3 match ODI series which begins on Sunday and as ever it's on Sky in the UK. Schedule:

Sun Feb 28 08:00 GMT | 14:00 local 08:00 GMT 1st ODI - Bangladesh v England Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
N/A
Tue Mar 2 08:00 GMT | 14:00 local 08:00 GMT 2nd ODI - Bangladesh v England Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
N/A
Fri Mar 5 03:00 GMT | 09:00 local 03:00 GMT 3rd ODI - Bangladesh v England Zohur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong
N/A

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs England - ODI Series Surely the 5/4 on England to win 3-0 is a good price? England 1/5 Max to win on Sunday as short as 1/7. 1.19-1.20 on bfair. 3 games works our at 8/11 (1.72) to win all 3 if you backed each one at 1/5 and put profits and stake on next bet, so why are England 5/4 to win the series 3-0!?! Seems a very good price to me? Would expect to be able to trade out at 1.55 if they win the first game and around 1.20-1.25 if they won the first two. Seems too high to me - any reason as to why?

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs England - ODI Series Two for me. One outright and then a bet for tomorrow. Taking this 1st match a bit easy although I suspect Bangladesh are being slightly underrated here. 2pts C.Kieswetter Top England Series Batsman 4/1 Skybet In Bangladesh, it's always a lot easier to score when the ball is new because as it goes soft and the pitches slow up the spinners begin to have a maximum effect. Kieswetter is going to be a big star for England for the next 5-10 years, I'm sure of that and before the year is out he'll be our regular wicket keeper in all forms of the game. For those who haven't seen him, he's a very hard hitting batsman who isn't afraid to go over the top which is something England have lacked for a while. While he's at the crease he'll be outscoring Alastair Cook while KP isn't in the best of nick. A 3 match series, one big score could get the job done. With 1st dibs with the bat I'll take Kieswetter to land the spoils here. Now the 1st ODI bet. 3pts M.Rahim's Performance Pts 33&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Mushfiqur Rahim has been pretty good to me lately and I see no reason to desert him here. With Shakib and Razzak bowling to players who aren't the best of playing spin there's every chance that he could snatch a stumping here. However I expect him to cover this with the bat. He should be full of confidence with the bat having notched his maiden test ton against India not so long ago. He's a decent level batsman and 33 runs isn't beyond him. The ball will move about for the quicks though so a catch behind isn't out of the question and so I'm confident the little keeper-batsman who is vice-captain for Bangladesh, will top 33pts.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs England - ODI Series Just a small bet on Bangladesh here at 5.8 191-6 with 10 overs left (ish) If they can get to 250 with the spinners they have it could be interesting. Tamim Iqbal looks like a Banglasdeshi Adam Gilchrist more and more every time I see him.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs England - ODI Series Just one for me tomorrow. 3pts N.Islam's Performance Pts - 35&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Naeem Islam has an excellent 1st ODI on this ground, totalling a very solid 85pts for the match courtest of 25 runs and 3 wickets. He's a genuine all rounder and with the wicket turning from the get go here I see no reason why he can't pick up another couple of wickets against an English team who still don't play spin very well. He's shown he can handle the willow as well with his 25 in the last game. He's got an ODI 50 to his name so he can clearly bat. A batting average of 30.53 over 27 innings is very solid. He can bowl as well with 27 wickets in his career so far and 13 catches. Although he bats 8, he's the complete all rounder and I'm more than happy he can cover 35pts here.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs England - ODI Series 3pts - Bangladesh to hit most sixes - 13/8 (Skybet) Bangladesh won this battle in the first ODI and even in their recent tri series, they out hit India and Sri Lanka on a few occasions which is no mean feat. Tamim Iqbal can obviously clear the boundary as shown in the first game but even if they lose him early, the likes of Aftab Ahmed and Naeem Islam can be explosive. England, by nature, are more correct in their methods and not generally renowned for their six hitting. They didn't look convincing against spin in the first game so I'm happy to take Bangladesh to hit at least one more six than England.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs England - ODI Series

Last 13 games here won by the side batting 2nd. You're almost getting 5/1 on the toss of a coin :loon.
:lol I wish I was. I do actually think it would suit them batting second anyway. See if the spinners can tie it down a 250 odd score and then see if Iqbal and Al Hasan can do the bulk of the work in getting them home. Where is Ashraful at the minute?

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs England - ODI Series

:lol I wish I was. I do actually think it would suit them batting second anyway. See if the spinners can tie it down a 250 odd score and then see if Iqbal and Al Hasan can do the bulk of the work in getting them home. Where is Ashraful at the minute?
Rested. This is a batting lineup that hit 296 here against India not so long ago, so they are clearly being underrated.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs England - ODI Series Eoin Morgan is available right now at around 2.26 to be top England batsman on Betfair. He's currently scored 30 and has Cook's 60 to pass. I would say he has every chance - the way the match is poised he and Matt Prior are able to keep knocking the ball around for singles. England may not win the game but by the time they need to slog Morgan should be close to or passed Cook's score....

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs England - ODI Series teaulc you are a tough man to please!! Cookey didnt have a bad knock 60 from 60 balls.....Prior played solidly on a pitch that was much slower than he'd like...the problem is with the bowling attack, you know you are in a spot of bother when Bresnan looks your most potent weapon.

Re: Cricket: Bangladesh vs England - ODI Series Not a huge dead rubber punter but I'll have to take Bangladesh tomorrow. 2pts Bangladesh to win 3rd ODI 4/1 Ladbrokes This price is shortening and it's not hard to see why. England got very lucky with a couple of umpiring decisions in the 2nd game and if they even themselves out as the saying suggests then Bangladesh are due some here. Bangladesh came very close to winning that 2nd game and but for a sublime knock from Eoin Morgan, England may not have got close. The tour has moved onto Chittagong now and I think this is a ground which suits Bangladesh even more. It's only Zimbabwe but Zimbabwe were rolled out for 44 by the Bangladeshi spinners here last year. This pitch will turn and it will stay low and generally England don't play them conditions well. We may well rotate a couple of players as well with the test series coming up. Stuart Broad and Ryan Sidebottom are out of this match so it will be a young seam attack representing England which could also play into the Bangladesh batsman's hands and so there's plenty in Bangladesh's favour to suggest the 4/1 should be nibbled at.