Exeter - Sun 14th February 2010

Exeter 16.10 Totepool Handicap Hurdle (Class 2) 2m 7f 110y A competative hurdle here with quiet a few in this that have hurdling experience around here at Exeter.Evan Williams comes here double handed with Silverburn and Sheshali with the latter being the more likely one to win this. Paul Maloney would of probably got first choice over Sam Twiston-Davies this afternoon and could of chose wisely here.The Kalanisi gelding had a recent spin on the All Weather at Wolverhampton when beating Caluculating over an extended two mile and even though the winning distance was a head he had done this giving 26lb to the runner up.This is a track i feel that you would of had to of won over at least 3m plus and he was last seen over hurdles when winning at Southwell when beating Corkage by just under a length when off a mark of 124.Prior to that was a course and distance winner when beating So Now by just under two lengths when off a 11lb lower mark. Evan seems to have his string in fine form of late and that showed when his Phidippes took the scalp of Cheltenham prospect Quantitativeeasing recently and i would be extremely surprised that his entry here Sheshali cant win this.Any dangers to the selection could come from two in this in David Pipe's Very Cool and Susan Gardner's Orion Express. The latter from the Susan Gardner stable gets a jockey that has come under a lot of criticism in the past but a jockey i feel over this trips is exceptionally good.Sam Thomas has not ridden the horse since finishing second on him back in Oct 2007 when he went down by two and a quarter lengths over 2m 3f on good to firm ground.that was off a 10lb lower mark.Sams form with the horse shows (0022) and i would not be surprised to see Orions Express there abouts here.Was a course and distance winner last year but not on this going when beating Paddy's Honour by a very comfortable eleven lengths and was a four timer winner last year including two big wins over 3m 3f at Newton Abbott so plenty of stamina to burn. David Pipe's Very Cool has had more success over the larger obstacles in present years and i would have to go back to 2008 when he finished second over a similar trip here at Haydock when going down by half a length to Liberate in a similar Class 2 event wen off a 10lb higher mark and on that claim and off a mark of 120 this afternoon could be very well handicapped to go well here. Verdict My opinion on this is that the three i have highlighted are all worth a bet with the price market at the moment.With the main selection being SHESHALI with Very Cool at 12/1 and Orion Express at 16/1 on the tissue prices.so with out going to made it might be made playing three horse in one race but it is always th e way that you will leave out one of the selections that wil run above all expectations here. Sheshali : 2pt Win @ 5/1 Bet365 Very Cool : 1pt e/w @ 12/1 Bet365 Orions Express : 1/4pt e/w @ 16/1 Bet365

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.