Yield

umbongo

Hi guys, this is my 1st thread, although i've been lurking around for a while, picking up tips here and there. I wouldn't say I was an expert gambler, nor a novice. I'm probably what alot of people would call a 'mug punter'. So i'm just looking for you guys thoughts and opinions on yield. I've only just recently started keeping a record of my betting and i'm being disciplined and seem to be doing ok. 90% of my bets are on the over/under 1.5 goals market,and i've got 3 different banks running at the moment. Anyway, how important is yield? In my eyes I would have thought the most important figure was Profit (or loss!). And also, what number of bets would you look to have placed before you take the yield figure seriously, if that makes sense! 10,50,100 or even more than that? And just to be sure is yield, profit/loss divided by total stake? :\ Look forward to your comments, Cheers

Re: Yield :welcome Hi umbongo, my opinion is that different people have different objectives when it comes to betting. Some people prefer to have a few solid bets per round rather than a handful of matches, while some prefer yield over profit. I don't consider myself an expert in this field, but I would prefer to strike a balance over the number of selections and yield. A high yield with a few fixtures is vulnerable to high variance. Since a portion of the data comes from back-testing, it's most probably based on 'long run' results, so having a decent amount of selections not only reduces the risk, but also makes the result more like the 'long run' probability that my back-testing has produced. Of course, have more selections would have the tendency to reduce the yield - high risk, high gain, and vice versa. It all depends on each individual's style. :tongue2

Re: Yield Hi relf, thanks for your reply. I usually have 2 or 3 bets a day on each bank, more at weekends. My longest running system is only at 42 bets, winning 36 of those. Yield is currently at 15% (If i've worked it out correctly!) Hopefully be able to keep it up long term! :hope

Re: Yield

Hi relf, thanks for your reply. I usually have 2 or 3 bets a day on each bank, more at weekends. My longest running system is only at 42 bets, winning 36 of those. Yield is currently at 15% (If i've worked it out correctly!) Hopefully be able to keep it up long term! :hope
Yield = ( Stake Returned / Total Staked * 100 ) - 100 = (110/100*100)-100= 10% So if you stake 100 and return 110, your yield will be 10%. 15% sounds very good, keep it on - may I ask what your average odds are that you take?

..... Anyway' date=' how important is yield? In my eyes I would have thought the most important figure was Profit (or loss!)..... [/quote'] Hi Umbogo...... how important is yield?...... it is the best way of assessing the success (or failure :() of a system. "Profit" depends largely on the amount you are willing to risk, whereas "yield" as a % shows everybody what return they can expect, and then it's up to them how much they are prepared to stake.... the larger the stake, the greater the profit (or loss)... however, the yield will remain the same.

Hmm, think I may have made a mistake, not as good as I thought! I'll recalculate it. Looks like i'm in minus figures! :wall Even though i'm in profit!? My average odds are only 1.27 zico. Bet on over 1.5 goals.
You cannot have a minus yield if you have profit. It should be only very small then :ok Flat staking? If so you should sit around this: Total Staked: 10*42 = 420 Total Returned: 10*36*1.27 = 457.2 Net Profit: 37.2 pts Yield: 8,8% Total bets: 42 Total won: 36 Hit rate: 85,7%

Total Staked: £96.52 P/L : +£14.18 I'm aiming to win 1% of my bank each bet, slow but steady. If I lose I aim to win 2% for a couple of bets until my bank gets to where it was before the loss.
Total Staked: £96.52 Total Returned : £14.18 + £96.52 = £110.7 (110.7/96.52*100)- 100 = 14.69% Yield :ok

Total Staked: £96.52 Total Returned : £14.18 + £96.52 = £110.7 (110.7/96.52*100)- 100 = 14.69% Yield :ok
Cheers zico, hopefully I can keep it up! :nana Got roughly the same yield on my other 2 banks as well! Although not as many bets. Long may it continue! :cheers