Lay Of The Day Thurs 11th Feb

Re: Lay Of The Day Thurs 11th Feb 3.10 Huntingdon: Bothy 1pt place lay Pretty risky here taking on a horse that is unbeaten to date over hurdles. However, as this one is penalised for LTO victory I feel it will find this race a little too tough. I have two against it in the Nicholl's trained Sang Bleu who showed stronger form on UK debut than the lay and will take some beating from level weights - also, Venetia Wiliams horse Star Du Granits who is unpenalised for easy victory on hurdles debut and receiving weight from the lay should be too good. As I have two strong horses against it I am happy to lay Bothy for a place at the prices.

Re: Lay Of The Day Thurs 11th Feb 310 Huntingdon: Stars Du Grantis As Charlie says its a tough little race this with four previous winners in the field and Stars Du Grantis has the least experience and happy to take him on as he beat absolitely nothing last time out. Sang Bleu has slid form in France and very good debut run over here while Bothy is very relaible.

Re: Lay Of The Day Thurs 11th Feb

3.10 Huntingdon: Bothy 1pt place lay Pretty risky here taking on a horse that is unbeaten to date over hurdles. However, as this one is penalised for LTO victory I feel it will find this race a little too tough. I have two against it in the Nicholl's trained Sang Bleu who showed stronger form on UK debut than the lay and will take some beating from level weights - also, Venetia Wiliams horse Star Du Granits who is unpenalised for easy victory on hurdles debut and receiving weight from the lay should be too good. As I have two strong horses against it I am happy to lay Bothy for a place at the prices.
Now a non-runner. 3.10 Huntingdon: Star Du Granits 1pt Win Lay Although receiving weight from the Nicholl's horse, the form shown by the lay is some way short of the favourite here today and at current price of 13/8 has to go down as a lay in what now looks a 2-horse race. If Sang Bleu is to have any chance of keeping the Cheltenham entries then really needs to win this and I think it will.

Re: Lay Of The Day Thurs 11th Feb 2.20 Southwell - Captain Kallis - place lay Only 2 places up for grabs in the 5 furlong handicap and I can't see this fellow taking one of them, despite the fact that he appears to be being backed this morning. His record suggests that he needs 6 furlongs and he's the most stoutly bred horse in the field today. If Southwell was riding 'slow' as it was back in January he might have more chance but on the prevailing standard going I think he'l find this too sharp He's got 4 CD winners up against him and i reckon they should have the race between them

Re: Lay Of The Day Thurs 11th Feb 16:20 Southwell 1pt lay - Hits Only Jude Was well beaten over course and distance LTO and has never won over the distance in 14 attempts. Has placed twice over course and distance but both were in easier races since they were down in grade. I think the favourite Elusive Warrior will take some beating today with Transmission being the main danger.

Re: Lay Of The Day Thurs 11th Feb 6.30 Kempton Musashi has shaped as though he needs further than 7f although won over a mile this looks far from his optimum trip, also his win and 3rd came in a class 7 handicap although step upto class 6 not huge he does meet some slightly better animals tonight. 1pt lay musashi