Noob question

Re: Noob question A unit is just the base amount you are spending on each bet. People tend to use the term units instead of actual monetary amounts for betting because it's easier to understand mathematically and the actual amount you bet is irrellevant for most systems and for betting theory. So if you have a betting bank of 100 Euros and you bet 1% of that one every bet, you could instead say your bank is 100 units and you bet 1 unit per bet. While your friend could have a betting bank of 1000 euros and bet 1% of that on every bet, but still have a bank of 100 units and bet 1 units per bet. You and your friend could directly compare betting results even though he is betting ten times more than you. I'm sure that could be explained better, but English isn't my mother tongue either :D

Re: Noob question

A unit is just the base amount you are spending on each bet. People tend to use the term units instead of actual monetary amounts for betting because it's easier to understand mathematically and the actual amount you bet is irrellevant for most systems and for betting theory. So if you have a betting bank of 100 Euros and you bet 1% of that one every bet, you could instead say your bank is 100 units and you bet 1 unit per bet. While your friend could have a betting bank of 1000 euros and bet 1% of that on every bet, but still have a bank of 100 units and bet 1 units per bet. You and your friend could directly compare betting results even though he is betting ten times more than you. I'm sure that could be explained better, but English isn't my mother tongue either :D
Thanks for the help, I'm still not fully clear. Are you saying for example if I bet X dollars and my profits is 10 units I now have 10 * (times) X dollars?

Re: Noob question I think we need an English speaker :eek A unit is sort of a 'betting currency'. Instead of dollars you could say you are betting units. 1 dollar could be a unit, or 10 dollars could be a unit, or 100 dollars could be a unit. It's just an easier way to talk about betting than using dollars and cents. For example, my betting bank right now for a project is £200. For me, a unit is 1/100th of the betting bank, which is the amount I stake every bet, so right now it's £2. But when I started the project, my betting was £100 - and one unit was £1. So one unit is always one unit, but the value of the unit can be anything. That's clear as mud.

Re: Noob question Let me try. If the odds is 10, You bet 1 unit. If you win: - your returns are 1 x 10 = 10 [units betted x odds] - your profits are 10 - 1 = 9 [returns - units betted] - your yield is 9 / 1 = 900% [profits / units betted]