Does anyone here have a yield of over 20 percent over a period of 6 months or more?

Re: Does anyone here have a yield of over 20 percent over a period of 6 months or mor Maybe the question should be if anyone has 20%+ yield after more than 500 bets. Someone takes 1000 bets in 6 months period, and someone 100. And answer should most likely be-NO. I have never seen 20% with more than 500 bets. If you see someone with such record please let me know. :) Muppet77's record with 20% with 238 bets is huge, can't remember of better. I'm running my own personal statistics (on paper :$) since 15th July 2009, so almost 7 months now. Untill New Year i had 822 bets, with 7,4% yield in that period. I would be delighted with the same record in 2010., but of course, it's very unlikely. Yield higher than 5% after 1000 bets is masterpiece IMO.

Re: Does anyone here have a yield of over 20 percent over a period of 6 months or mor

Maybe the question should be if anyone has 20%+ yield after more than 500 bets. Someone takes 1000 bets in 6 months period, and someone 100. And answer should most likely be-NO. I have never seen 20% with more than 500 bets. If you see someone with such record please let me know. :) Muppet77's record with 20% with 238 bets is huge, can't remember of better. I'm running my own personal statistics (on paper :$) since 15th July 2009, so almost 7 months now. Untill New Year i had 822 bets, with 7,4% yield in that period. I would be delighted with the same record in 2010., but of course, it's very unlikely. Yield higher than 5% after 1000 bets is masterpiece IMO.
Congrats both of you and good point uptheirons.

Re: Does anyone here have a yield of over 20 percent over a period of 6 months or mor ive got one in the horses system section which is at 350 selections at 18.85%, but i really want that to go thru the flat season aswell before id be happy to throw my staking plan in like my other systems i run outside this forum

Re: Does anyone here have a yield of over 20 percent over a period of 6 months or mor I am currently backtesting a system I've developed. It's fairly time consuming process but for the EPL since the 2000/01 season it produced a 6.09% yield for 835 selections. The problem is that there was high fluctuation season on season. I'm not sure how much I should look into the individual season results in context with the overall picture.

Re: Does anyone here have a yield of over 20 percent over a period of 6 months or mor

I am currently backtesting a system I've developed. It's fairly time consuming process but for the EPL since the 2000/01 season it produced a 6.09% yield for 835 selections. The problem is that there was high fluctuation season on season. I'm not sure how much I should look into the individual season results in context with the overall picture.
I have the same situation. I am using a Java program which i've developed that allows me to input different testing criterias, and then it performs backtesting over the last 5 seasons for all major leagues in Europe. I though i found a gem, but as you experienced there were extreme fluctuations from season to season. I finally decided that not only must my system show profit, it must also be consistent in doing so. I can't rely on a system which gives me 30% ROI for one season and -50% for another. Sometimes the problem can be that the system generates too few selections, resulting in a small sample. This wasn't the case here though, a typical season with the mentioned system would generate about 50 bets per month.

Re: Does anyone here have a yield of over 20 percent over a period of 6 months or mor I'd be more than happy with a consistent yield of 1% as long as it was stable, generated 1000 bets a year and I could place the bets on Betfair in markets with a lot of liquidity. That would make me a millionaire in a very short time. I'm just adding this to show that yield is not the only factor - number of bets, the quality of the betting market etc. are just as important, if not even more important.

I'd be more than happy with a consistent yield of 1% as long as it was stable, generated 1000 bets a year and I could place the bets on Betfair in markets with a lot of liquidity. That would make me a millionaire in a very short time. I'm just adding this to show that yield is not the only factor - number of bets, the quality of the betting market etc. are just as important, if not even more important.
Of course, if you place 20 bets a day, i would take even 0.5% a year any time. I agree, yield is important indicator of someone's success, but not the only one.

Re: Does anyone here have a yield of over 20 percent over a period of 6 months or mor Whilist the number of bets is important, you'd still want to run some liner regression and chi square testing on your results to get a feel for the " safety" of them.