Solwhit's All-Weather Selections

I'd like to start with thanking the site for helping me realise there is more to a race than just the form figures on show. I'd like to think you have saved me a fair few quid. Anyway, on to the thread. Judging by my username you'd think I was a NH fan, don't get me wrong I am, but when it comes to NH racing, I don't have a clue. At the bigger meetings I am not so bad but when it comes to Folkestone on a Tuesday afternoon, I don't know where to start when looking at races. Hopefully that's another thing I can improve with my stay here. With that confession and the turf season over, it looks like I'm stuck studying the races on the all-weather so creating this thread seemed the most apt. To make it simpler, I'll be starting with a 200 point bank, with the bet sizes ranging from 1-10 points.

Re: Solwhit's All-Weather Selections 16.00 Lingfield; There's plenty of pace on here which should suit the Jeremy Gask runner Anne Of Kiev who's likely to be one of the best backed horses of the day. Although, at the likely prices, I'd like to opt for Hayley Turner's mount GARSTANG. The 7 year-old hasn't been in the winners enclosure for awhile now, but having been dropped a further 2 lbs for his latest run, he could get very competitive off a mark of 75. The selection hasn't been at his best on his two appearances so far this season but they can be easily forgiven. The first came at Southwell when returning from a three month lay-off so he may well of needed the run. The latter came at Wolverhampton where the selection raced too keenly in what was a competitive handicap. On his latest visit to the course, GARSTANG was unlucky not to win off a mark of 77 when not getting a clear run at the vital time. This strongly run race should definitely suit and with GARSTANG more likely to chase the leaders than be held-up, lets hope he has already flown by the time Anne Of Kiev gets going. 1 point each-way.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.