My project

Hello there, as you may notice I am new to this community. As a means of entrance I've decided to share a project I've been working on with a group of colleagues. It involves making a mathematical analysis of variables that may affect the outcome of a football match in order to make an accurate prediction of the general outcome of said event. This has literally broken me up for a long period of time, and I've finally come to the point where I can put it to the test. Right now, I have to admit the formula is a long shot but I reckon it's worth a try. Anyone who wants to play part in it's testing, please feel free to mail me at [EDIT] Let me repeat that, anyone who feels like helping out in this project's current testing and further development just send an E-mail to [EDIT] saying you're interested. No don't worry, we don't ask anything of you other than feedback. We are skimming the community for the general vibe on predictions, and people's personal analysis and their expectations. But intelligent and well constructed one-on-one feedback we value most of all. So I'd appreciate it if everyone would take 5 minutes of their day and help us out on this one. Thanks in advance, Tim P.S. My previous post got deleted, despite me receiving positive emails from the community. If there is a reason for this, please let me know as I don't seem to be able to find one. Thanks.

Re: My project

No need to put your e-mail address......just show us the system on here....my money says you won't....prove me wrong! TQM
Yes, of course. Just post two years of research, twenty three pages long and the entire application on here for everyone to indulge in. That's a splendid idea! Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly. I don't want people to look at my system, I want people to participate by giving their opinion on the outcome predicted by it. Sorry if I may have given the wrong idea, hope this clarifies it for you.

Yes, of course. Just post two years of research, twenty three pages long and the entire application on here for everyone to indulge in. That's a splendid idea! Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly. I don't want people to look at my system, I want people to participate by giving their opinion on the outcome predicted by it. Sorry if I may have given the wrong idea, hope this clarifies it for you.
Apologies, I thought this was a Betting Forum with the intention of displaying guidance for folk to make some cash..........can you not digest your 23 page research into a couple of paragraphs? You come across as someone with something to sell.........show us the goods! TQM

Apologies, I thought this was a Betting Forum with the intention of displaying guidance for folk to make some cash..........can you not digest your 23 page research into a couple of paragraphs? You come across as someone with something to sell.........show us the goods! TQM
TQM, isn't that a bit harsh? Newbie comes here cap in hand asking for private testers (obviously there's a great deal of privacy surrounding this system :dude , so much so in fact, that the only bit of info we'll get on it is that it's not for sharing ;)), and you give him a turning down that'll keep him away from our lovely little corner for many a day (or so one would think)... Oh boy, I was so looking forward to trading ideas with Mr Meijer and pouring over the details of the 23 page dossier, that I threw up twice in anticipation :loon Down with community spirit and overprotective father figures :moon

Re: My project Tim, your post is as good as spam. This is a forum not an small ads board. The basic rule of this forum is that people post bets before the event starts so that results can be verified for all to see. You also don't seem to understand how forums work. if everyone goes of emailing each other there's not going to be much of a forum left is there. Read the rules on top of the forum, they are quite clear. If you're not willing to post an explanation as well as bets that's fine, but then this forum is limited to theory and backtesting. Again requires that the subject is actually posted and not somewhere in some private email conversation.

Re: My project Tim, your post simply reads like someone who's phishing for email adresses. Starting out with "I want to share... " then switching to " We don't ask... " doesn't exactly help. Who is WE and where do they come in. Maybe you are exactly what you say, but how are we supposed to tell the difference.

Yes, of course. Just post two years of research, twenty three pages long and the entire application on here for everyone to indulge in. That's a splendid idea! Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly. I don't want people to look at my system, I want people to participate by giving their opinion on the outcome predicted by it.
You don't need to post the whole thing, just a description that's sufficient to give an idea of what's involved. Then you post the bets before the events start. You then instantly have an entire forum to give you feedback. That's the goal isn't it. So why not do that ?

Tim, your post simply reads like someone who's phishing for email adresses. Starting out with "I want to share... " then switching to " We don't ask... " doesn't exactly help. Who is WE and where do they come in.
I actually mentioned that. "We" is me and my colleagues, I say "I" because I am the one making this post and the request.
Maybe you are exactly what you say, but how are we supposed to tell the difference.
You're not, because it doesn't matter. You either want to help out or you don't. I have perfectly legitimate reasons for wanting to keep this a private project, results and long term applications WILL be shared with the ENTIRE community. But the basic setup involves a group of PRIVATE participants to begin with. We need the control group for a reason.
You don't need to post the whole thing, just a description that's sufficient to give an idea of what's involved. Then you post the bets before the events start.
I have given a sufficient description. Actually, I could elaborate a little further but it wouldn't offer any more answers. It's a VERY fundamental yet complex system. I can explain the foundation but that will end up sounding just as vague. And no, I won't share the more intimate details, I didn't just spend 2 years working on this for nothing. I have my reasons for wanting to keep this private, and yes doing so DOES serve the project. I'm not sure what you're worried about here, but don't worry I WILL be sharing with the community, and this IS necessary. I hope this cleared up a few things, because I don't feel like having to defend myself every time I come back here. Please just take 5 minutes of your day and help out, or don't. If you don't either post something kind and helpful, or don't post at all. I didn't come here to argue.

Re: My project The purpose of this forum is to have public conversations about systems, not private ones. So if you're not willing to have the whole conversation be public this is simply not the place for it. Nothing wrong with wanting to keep it private, but then don't use this forum as that's not what it's for. You can put an email adress in your profile and if people want to contact you they can look that up. I suggest you come back when you are willing to enter into a public conversation. Good luck.