Lingfield 23rd Jan

Re: Lingfield 23rd Jan 13:05 Lingfield There are 2 I like in this race here in Chijmes and Resplendent Alpha. Chijmes absolutely loves this course with 6 of his 7 wins coming at the track. 2 of those have been over course and distance, 3 of those over 5 furlongs and 1 over 7 furlongs. Has won off a mark as high as 82 which came over 5 furlongs in March 2009 which was also his last win. Runs off 72 today so he is definately well handicapped since 3 of his 7 wins have been off higher marks although all of those have been over 5 furlongs. Has won off a mark of 70 over course and distance though. Keniry takes the ride again, he has been on 5 of the horses 7 wins so he knows how to win on him and I expect him to give the horse a good ride today. Resplendent Alpha is also a course and distance winner with 2 to his name and 1 win over 5 furlongs here. Has won over the distance at Kempton as well. Runs off 71 today, 3 of his 5 wins have been off higher marks including his last course and distance win which came off a mark of 78. His outing at Southwell LTO wasn't the best but he definataly acts better on the quicker AW surfaces such as here and Kempton. He was 2nd and 4th over the distance at Kempton last month off marks of 69. Stable is in good nick with 2 winners and 2 places from 7 runs this week. 0.5pt win Chijmes @ SP 0.5pt win Resplendent Alpha @ SP 15:55 Lingfield I tipped up Gargano on here LTO when he won by half a length over today's trip at Kempton off a mark of 61. He was well backed that day going off joint favourite at 4/1 after being as high as 9/1 in the morning. Is raised 4lbs for that win which I don't think is enough to realistically stop this 5 year old from winning again. That was his first run for the Johnston stable and the first time he has got his head in front and with Joe Fanning riding so well just now I feel this horse will have a great chance of winning again here today. Taste The Wine has been knocking on the door lately over this trip with three 2nds and a 4th in recent outings at this track and at Kempton. Is raised another 1lb but Kieran Fox takes off a vital 7lbs. He is a very capable jockey and has shown some good form so far this year. 1pt win Gargano @ SP

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.