Best Bet Of The Day - 22/1/10

Ballabriggs 2.20 Catterick (EACH WAY) 7-1 Bet365 9 yr old and top weight carrying 11-12, last years winner was 9 yr old and carried 11-11 so not without a chance. Fallen and slipped up on gd-sft ground but won on soft, placed on heavy and good so no concerns regarding the surface as far as I can see. Won and placed over 25f over fences and recently had a run that should have put it spot on over hurdles when it finished 3rd of 9 in a class 4 race on soft ground. My final 3 were this, Canada Street and Dawn Ride. Trainer in form for Canada Street but not won since 2007 and Dawn Ride has a few unseated riders. Although Ballabriggs has a lot of weight to carry I think it has a touch of class about it, still relatively unexposed with plenty of potential and impressed with the win off 108 and feel the current official rating is fair but might be better than that rating.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - 22/1/10 13:50 Catterick I am going for Percussionist to follow up his reappearance win at Kelso LTO in this race. The race was over a furlong shorter than this one but he stayed on well to win the race by over a length. Is only raised 5lbs for the win so he is still on a reasonable mark of 123. The horse has won 8 times to date although he is yet to tackle this distance but has won over distances ranging from 11-21 furlongs. Has done the majority of his winning on ground Softer than Good so today's ground conditions won't be a problem. Stable and Jockey are in hot form with 3 winners at Newcastle yesterday from 4 runs. War Party is interesting in his handicap debut as he is still lightly raced in this spehere. Won on his 3rd start over hurdles LTO over a furlong further in similar ground conditions. Runs off a mark of 118. 1pt win Percussionist @ 7/2 (Paddy Power - BOG)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.