Lay of the day 21st Jan

Re: Lay of the day 21st Jan 230 Taunton : Wishful Thinking Taking a chance with laying this fav, won well on his debut but at the moment he's as short as 13/8 and this race is much tougher with at least 2/3 others expected to improve and in reciept of weight. The other thing is i'm not sure the Hobbs yard is firing on all cylinders just yet and he may just get caught out under a penalty.

Re: Lay of the day 21st Jan 3.50 Southwell: Bajan Pride 1pt place lay Richard Fahey is on the cold list at the minute with no winners from his last 19 and no places from his last 7 runners so stable form is not at best. Obviously that can all change but I think there are stronger horses in this race for the places in Camerooney (lay has a lot of work to do to reverse recent form), Great Bounder and Positivity. Think this one would need to be a little better off at the weights to figure here even if stable form was better. Happy to lay for a lay at the likely odds.

Re: Lay of the day 21st Jan 1.20 Southwell - Lujiana (WIN LAY) Won impressively last time out however she manages to run off the same handicap mark today. Her 1st makes her the favourite in a race full of horses with fairly poor recent form. However, all of the opposition don't mind the Fibresand surface and are mostly on declining handicap marks. To my mind she does not show an exceptional chance of winning and the current 2/1 is too short.

Re: Lay of the day 21st Jan 13.05 Gowran Park Secant Star - 1pt lay Willie Mullins and Ruby Walsh have had some big odds on shots go down in flames this week, and at this price on Secant Star, im more than willing to challenge this one too. Secant Star was in perfect control at Leopardstown in December and did the one thing to frown upon, fell at the last!! Now Soldier Boy looks very tempting today after the performance yesterday of Pittoni at Punchestown, running out of time sorry about short write up!! :cow

Re: Lay of the day 21st Jan CAMEROONEY 3.50 Southwell. Needs to be at least at his best to win this at the weights, and so unless all rivals under-achieve, then it should be a tough race for him. Also, the race should be run to make him think, so all in all and at a price that's looking very short at 2/1. I think he's a lay much more than a play, irrespective of the end result.

Re: Lay of the day 21st Jan 5.20 Wolverhampton River Kirov 1pt lay A good all round performer in his time, River Kirov has been off course for forty five days and may well need today's run, while he is best in at the weights in this seller he has been very inconsistent lately and one or two others who have better recent form could well take this today in my opinion.

Re: Lay of the day 21st Jan 17:50 Wolverhampton 1pt lay - Dance The Star Hasn't won since October 2008 and is still 6lbs higher than that win. Has placed a couple of times since off marks of 85, 86 and 89 but had a 3lb claimer on board for the places off 86 and 89. Loses that claimer today and Spencer takes over.

Re: Lay of the day 21st Jan

3.50 Southwell: Bajan Pride 1pt place lay Richard Fahey is on the cold list at the minute with no winners from his last 19 and no places from his last 7 runners so stable form is not at best. Obviously that can all change but I think there are stronger horses in this race for the places in Camerooney (lay has a lot of work to do to reverse recent form), Great Bounder and Positivity. Think this one would need to be a little better off at the weights to figure here even if stable form was better. Happy to lay for a lay at the likely odds.
You can take Richard Fahey off the cold list now :eyes

Re: Lay of the day 21st Jan 7.20 Wolverhampton As I expected a very competitive market below the obvious favourite chosen forever who all though is going well at the moment he takes a big step up here having to run off a 6lb rise in handicap plus a 6lb penalty for recent win making things extremely tough but is likely to be about in his current mood but this is far more competitive. Thunderstruck is likely to make a bold bid from the front again and it looks like the track is riding to his benefit so far tonight and is in good heart lately although up 2lb for consistency in placed efforts over over these sort of trips and won over CD in november slapped fairly hard for that but has run to credit on her revised mark. The one that I feel is slightly overpriced is Bolanderi who remains lightly raced and unraced on the polytrack but was last seen in good heart over these sort of trips in sept, Decent runs have come under this useful apprentice who claims a useful 7lb off this top weight. 1pt lay chosen forever

Re: Lay of the day 21st Jan

17:50 Wolverhampton 1pt lay - Dance The Star Hasn't won since October 2008 and is still 6lbs higher than that win. Has placed a couple of times since off marks of 85, 86 and 89 but had a 3lb claimer on board for the places off 86 and 89. Loses that claimer today and Spencer takes over.
I'm not very good at this :rollin Was going to do Full Toss place lay but due to the Evans stable in good nick I decided on this one :sad

Re: Lay of the day 21st Jan 6.20 Wolverhampton I'm not a fan of backing Jamie Osbourne trained horses and his Boy The Bell looks especially poor value here. Sternlight holds major claims here, 3rd to Landowner (121 since) on his last turf start last year and travelled well in on handicap debut (off 74) before faded earler this month. That was his first start for over 100 days so entitled to be spot on tonight, blinkers fitted and a drop in trip gives him every assistance in his quest to lose his maiden tag. He will need to under perform by same way for Boy The Bell is win. Tempted to go place lay but this maiden lacks depth, he could be beaten a long way and still finish runner-up. At around 2/1 the safest option is win lay. Shirley High looks way over priced if you ignore her poor effort LTO. Boy The Bell - LAY