Golf: Next Major won by British Player

Have seen this market on BlueSq When Will A British Player Next Win A Major ? Masters 2010 4/1 US Open 2010 7/1 Open Championship 2010 4/1 USPGA 2010 6/1 Not By 2011 evens i have also checked win them that Republic of Ireland players do not count (I know it should be obvious but always better to check first). Unless I have missed something the last British player to win a Major was Paul Lawrie in 1999 when he won the British Open. Even money seems a very big price to me. I know that Rory McIlroy is the new darling and he performed heroically last year, but will he win one this year? Lee Westwood is playing well, but he has yet to convert any of his opportunities in last 10 plus years. Luke Donald looks unlikely to fulfil his massive potential. i have already had a go, but am contemplating wading in - but would like to hear the opinions of others on here first.

Re: Golf: Next Major won by British Player Interesting market 2DH. I think we're getting a lot closer and we'd obviously have a much better chance of winning a major if Tiger stays at home for them, which isn't too unlikely I would suggest. In the last 3 majors of 2009 we had Brits in the top 5, 3 in the case of The Open and 2 in the USPGA which shows we're getting a lot closer. Lee Westwood has played well in the majors for a while now and it wouldn't surprise me if he or McIlroy won one this year. Then there's Poulter who has been close and Ross Fisher who I'm convinced will have a big year this year. I don't think a Brit will win The Masters. The US Open at Pebble Beach is probably a no go for us too. The Open at St Andrews would very much be a runner I think while the USPGA may not suit. Evs on a Brit winning the Open. Not for me so it looks a good bet but by the same token I wouldn't be too surprised if a Brit did land one :ok.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.