Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Jan 2nd

13:30 Sand - LAY Anak Sent off 1/6 favourite when falling at Fontwell, wasn;t travelling like a 1/6 shot. A better performence lto when 2nd but up in class here and carries top weight, favourite has the better form and a couple of newcomers are of interest, can't see this one winning.

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Jan 2nd 3.15 Lingfield - LAY Kickahead Best he has ever done on the all-weather was a mediocre 4th despite competing NH races several classes higher. At 8 years old he is fully exposed and no surprises are expected. NH form does not translate into good flat form, and this coupled with his maiden flat status means that he is great value to lay. Reserve horse (if something happens to the one above or people want another bet): 3.35 Southwell - LAY King of Rhythm Again, well exposed, won twice in his career of which one happened a couple of weeks ago. It is a lowly handicap, anything can happen, and his patchy form making him favourite in a big field provides a good lay opportunity.

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Jan 2nd 14:10 Lingfield Wunder Strike is too short at 9/4 for me and is a definite LAY. Trying today to complete a four timer and I think that'll be a step too far for him. Won well at Kempton LTO but has gone up 9lbs for that victory. The victory before the Kempton success was over CD, but that was a poor apprentice handicap. That victory allowed the horse to capitalise on the rules regarding ratings and most probably led to the Kempton victory. Has a plum draw but there are plenty of others in the race, who on their day have the beating of Wunder Strike, and this is why it is a lay.

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Jan 2nd 12.55 Southwell Prohibition - 1 pt lay. Don't think 3/1 is right for this one, who is bred for further and doesn't look the most reliable of animals. Perfectly entitled to hack up of a modest mark for good yard but poor run on handicap company last time out. Turf form hints should act on fibresand but its still not known for certain, all in all, a lay today IMO.

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Jan 2nd 1225 Southwell : K'Gari Really fancy Spring Breeze for this 2 mile race and the second fav is K'Gari on the strength of a win at Wolver in completely different conditions, K'Gari hasnt shown much in any of his other runs and I reckon the dangers will come from elsewhere like Ram Vaswani and Cumbrian Knight. K'Gari was a very poor hurdler and ran bad on soft ground when tried before.

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Jan 2nd 3.05 Southwell Bit of a gamble going on on Premier Lad, cant see it myself he won his maiden over CD and had looked unexposed coming back after a break but has failed to live upto that beaten out of site last time out on polytrack and well held on fibresand and although down in weights cant a see a massive change and at 7/2 currently miles too short! 1pt lay Premier lad

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Jan 2nd 2.30 Southwell: Clear Sailing 1pt lay Although has a clear form chance in this company I think is well worth taking on at the current price of 2/1. Other horses have serious claims at the weights and can find at least 2 live contenders who handle the surface and/or have recent form in the book to challenge at the weights. Clear Sailing is too short at current price and worth taking on IMO. :hope

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Jan 2nd Ling 2.40 - Woolfall Treasure - Lay Once raced maiden winner stepping into handicap company The maiden win was nothing special. The 2nd has been beaten 7 lengths in a maiden race since and is a 15 race maiden. The third home is a 6 race maiden. The fourth home was beaten 7 lengths in a handicap off just 45 Of course, you never know with once-raced maiden winners if they might improve a lot but it was a slow race and he had to be ridden out to win. I'll take a chance that he's badly handicapped.

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Jan 2nd 2.10 LINGFIELD~WUNDER STRIKE~PLACE LAY 1PT Horse is in great form and is going for the four timer but i think it is a very open race and the betting doesn't reflect that. Plenty with chances including 16/1 shots Ymir and Ivory Lace don't think it will win and will be struggling for a place imo. To much weight and is a place lay for me.

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Jan 2nd 2.40 Lingfield I've never claimed to be an expert layer but more than happy to support this competition. Pace is again going to be an issue here with no confirmed front runner. I'm hoping Meydan Dubai prevents it from being a total farce. Chalice Welcome will have to put in a career best to win off a mark of 70 and needs a strong pace to figure over 10f these days. With the race unlikely to suit and going off as the likely favourite - it looks a lay. Chalice Welcome 1pt PLACE LAY

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Jan 2nd

2.40 Lingfield I've never claimed to be an expert layer but more than happy to support this competition. Pace is again going to be an issue here with no confirmed front runner. I'm hoping Meydan Dubai prevents it from being a total farce. Chalice Welcome will have to put in a career best to win off a mark of 70 and needs a strong pace to figure over 10f these days. With the race unlikely to suit and going off as the likely favourite - it looks a lay. Chalice Welcome 1pt PLACE LAY
As expected no pace, but full marks to Hayley Turner for being one step ahead, realising this and changing normal tactics early in the race with this horse. Other jockeys take note.

Re: Lay Of The Day Selections ~ Jan 2nd 3.15 Lingfield Kickahead 1pt lay I'm not sure why this horse is vyying for favouritism as he has never done anything better than 4th place in all of his starts to date. Winning Show, Little Richard and Binnion Bay have better recent form and if they can overcome their poor draw, one of those could take this. The current odds for Kickahead are way too short and could be value, as I think 6/1 or more would be a fairer price to reflect his achievements to date.