Saturday Selections (Scoop 6)

Going to give it a go here on the Scoop six and also give reasoning on my selections for the races below. 1.50 Newcastle (Leg 1) WBX.COM Fighting Fifth Hurdle (Grade 1) A hot Grade 1 event to kick off the proceedings and we finally see the return of Nicky Henderson's Binocular and was seen last when running third to Punjabi in the Champion Hurdle going down by under a length. The second Celestial Halo has made a pleasing re-appearance when he won the Grade 2 Elite Hurdle at Wincanton this month and that form looks solid through Whiteoak who has also gone on and won this month. His prices on all his hurdle runs have been.. 6/4JF Won 8/11F Won 8/1CF Second 11/8F Won 1/9F Won 1/1F Won 6/4F Third He will be again extremely short here of odds around 10/11. He goes well extremely fresh winning on both counts and is going to be hard to beat here under Tony McCoy. BINOCULAR 2.05 Newbury (Leg 2) sportingbet.com Handicap Chase (Class 2) Eighteen go to post and this is one of the hard legs to contend. Again Nicky Henderson has a big player in this in Au Courant. But i have concerns over the going on this as has run better on Good ground and really needs the ground to dry out come post time. Alan Shearer's Akilak takes his chance here and should have no problem with the conditions, a little more rain would of suited and finished eighth in the FW Festival Plate at the Cheltenham festival this year and was beaten convincingly, but is dropping back in class and ran a good second to The Sawyer off a 2lb higher mark on heavy ground this year. AKILAK 2.40 Newbury (Leg 3) Hennessy Gold Cup Chase (Handicap) Grade 3 The big race of the day The Hennessey and if Denman is fit and ready he could dictate matters from the front here. it is make or break today and carry's top weight and their has been talks about that the yard feel he will not win the Hennessey but will come on for the run. But all that speculation aside he goes well fresh winning all of his five encounters on re-appearance. DENMAN 2.55 Newcastle (Leg 4) O´Brien´s Skip Hire Handicap Chase (Class 4) Keith Reverley's It's Teescomponents comes here stepping back up in trip, but has struggle to win at the course on all four appearances with the best run coming when finishing fourth but that was over 2m, the trip today should see him in a better light. but i feel he is apposable today. The one that appeals to me is Campbell Gillies mount on Seeking The Truth. Is only up 4lb for his course and distance win when beating Hever Road by three lengths when giving over a stone away in the weights. He has won on the ground over 21F and is one going the right way. SEEKING THE TRUTH 3.15 Newbury (Leg 5) sportingbet.com Intermediate Hurdle (Limited Handicap) Nick Scholfield returns after a ban to ride Michael Flips and made a good re-appearance when finishing third at Ascot in a listed event behind Dani's Girl and had to concede substantial weight of 23lb to the winner that day going down by just four lengths. They meet again with the selection only giving 13lb this afternoon and should turn around that defeat. MICHAEL FLIPS 3.25 Newcastle (Leg 6) WBXTRIPLECROWN.COM Rehearsal Chase Handicap (Listed Race) This 3m is going to take some getting on the ground today and typically the last leg if i get at this stage i am poised between two in this race. Susan Humphreys Toby Jug did nothing wrong when finishing under two lengths behind Pettifour and gets in to this with out a penalty for that run. Pettifour came to grief two days ago when falling at Newbury, but the form is solid and has gone up 31lb since going chasing. The second on my mind is Susan Smith's Coe who ran a good second in heavy conditions going down by ten lengths to Never So Blue and had According To John beaten that day by eight lengths when conceeding 6lb. That form looks solid and is one that can be there abouts as is another that gets in to this without a penalty. COE