Formula one

Guest winbet

Guest winbet

Bit late as only one hour to go - but I am surprised there is no topic up. Does everyoen see it as dull or boring. The ladbrokes have raikkonen to finish in points @ 6/4, alonso @ 10/11. Surely if these drivers finish it will be in the points. Alonso is a good starter so will probably make up about 8 places on the first lap, while the track is easy to overtake on. Raikkonen's car has had the extra to get it worked on to gehopefully give it a chance to fiinish and both cars will be fuelled up. Maybe mclaren have run out of engines though as someone has just put up a price of just under 2 for raikkonen to finish. Worth going for a few outsiders to finish in points massa & heidfield both 8/1 to finish in points. Go low on finishers- I think there will be less than 12 finishers. Tyre wear a problem, new track, etc. Well, the weather had a little surprise in store today as rain greeted the 04/04/04 raceday for the inaugural Grand Prix of Bahrain on the Bahrain International Circuit in Sakhir. The previous days – and wise locals - had suggested that the race would almost certainly take place in the same hot and dusty conditions that had been a feature of practice and qualifying. Right now, however, the track temperature is 25 degrees Celsius, the ambient 26. It will get hotter as the day goes on and the belief is that the rain will not amount to much, but don’t expect the 54 degree track temperatures that we have seen. The mid 40s are the likely maximum, possibly lower than that. The drop in temperature is thought to be the reason why Williams and BAR lost relative pace to Ferrari yesterday, so today’s turn of events could favour the red cars and their Bridgestone tyres, especially as with all the cars in overnight parc ferme there is no way for the teams to make adaptive adjustments to them to compensate.

Re: Formula one If there's rain about I'd be very wary of putting too much faith in the Ferraris unless it's going to be a proper wet race. The odd shower is likely to play more into the hands of the Michelin runners as they've shown to be better in the 'just not quite dry'. Any small amount of rain will dry pretty quickly and so the 'not quite dry' ability of the tyres will be important. One other thought is with the track being fairly wide whether a canny driver (Michael perhaps) could use an alternative line to the drier racing line to provide better (wetter) conditions for his tyres. Just a thought. I can't see Mclaren making it to the end with both cars so wouldn't fancy Raikonnen to pick up his first points of the season. I think possibly the lack of interest in this GP (and hence no thread) has been because it's a new track and so everything is just 'up in the air'. As a betting opportunity I'd say there's little value to be had. I'd agree on there number of finishers maybe being low. My gut feeling for the best bet is for the race not to run the full distance, can't find the market for that though :(