Trading Resources

emired

Hi all, I've been looking into trading various sports on betfair for a while now but before I take the plunge I'd like to try and learn as much as possible. Reading through various posts on this forum have helped to an extent, as have various basic trading strategy websites out there. However, generally forums and blogs mention how they backed this horse then layed low, or backed that team and layed them when the odds shortened. However, the question is: WHY did they shorten & what made YOU THINK that they would shorten? WHY did you choose that horse -what signs did you look for that made you believe the odds would move in the correct direction to make your profit. I guess this is exactly what seperates a successful trader from an unsuccessful one. However, there must be many indicators that traders look for. If you trade horses or football or any other sport for that matter, what makes a particular team/horse suitable for your trade? Also, are there any resources out there on the web covering more advanced trading? Weight of money, book percentages etc? Most of the websites out there seem to cover the same thing of back high lay low which most people already know. Sorry - seems like I'm rambling a bit!! Any comments are appreciated :ok