Saturday Baseball

Guest peter orchard

Guest peter orchard

It's always good to see the under-dog take the first one in a series for, if my reasoning isn't totally flawed, it lessens the chances of the favourite falling down again. Beckett @ Atlanta today sees the reigning World Champions attempting to stem the flow of Floridian blood on Georgian soil and at 1,77, this is the best I can come up with after yesterday's cold shower. Beckett against Ortiz is possibly the better of the two options for on Sunday Penny will face the usually so reliable Hampton. Florida have all the tools to win this and though I've never been a Beckett fan, his numbers don't lie. Florida 1,77 @ Canbet with Beckett the named pitcher.

Guest peter orchard

Re: Saturday Baseball Kevin Millwood was one of the 4 I followed last year simply because his contract was up for renewal and he found himself having to perform in the shop window, as it were. (as a matter of record, the others were Loazia, Ponson and ..I'll get back with the 4th man) Millwood seems to have reverted to type and has gone 0-2 but his ERA is encouraging. Up against Montreal who are finding runs hard to come by I think Millwood has the class to win this for the Phillies. Perhaps we should also be looking at the under here? Briefly, I'll also be leaning towards Wood for the Cubbies and Webb for the Diamondbacks. Leaning especially towards the latter and for the money I think Schilling must be worth some consideration.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.