Golf: Volvo World Matchplay 2009

This event is back after a break last year. It's back with a new format with 4 groups of 4, the winners of which going into the semis and final. Unlike previous years in this, the 1st round is 18 holes and the semis and final are 36 holes. Instead of being at Wentworth now, it's in Spain instead. Outright odds are here: http://odds-comparison.bestbetting.com/golf/volvo-world-match-play-championship/winner/ The groups have been split as follows: Group A: Paul Casey, Retief Goosen, Anthony Kim and Scott Strange Group B: Sergio Garcia, Robert Allenby, Martin Kaymer and Oliver Wilson Group C: Henrik Stenson, Rory McIlroy, Angel Cabrera and Simon Dyson Group D: Lee Westwood, Ross Fisher, Camilo Villegas and Jeev Milkha Singh

Re: Golf: Volvo World Matchplay 2009 2 bets for me tomorrow. 1 outright and a match bet. 1pt ew R.Fisher to win World Matchplay 14/1 Bet365 (1/2 1,2) I like Ross Fisher as a golfer and he showed in the Accenture at the start of the year that he's a very good match play golfer. He was 4th in that event but until the format caught up with him he looked every bit the winner. He then went to The Open in July and again looked so good in trying circumstances and on another day he'd have won that tournament as well. He's not afraid of winning on the European Tour and he has a chance here to really catch Ryder Cup captain Colin Montgomerie's eye ahead of next years match. His group isn't the hardest of the 4 but at the same time it will still take some winning. However if his putter works this week I can see the Englishman winning the group and going further over the weekend. 14/1 is a good price which I'm happy to take. 3pts A.Kim to beat P.Casey 6/5 Ladbrokes Match tees off at 12.25 GMT. Anthony Kim is a pretty decent match play golfer. A bit like Mickelson, he's capable of producing extraordinary shots from nowhere which turn holes and matches around instantly. Paul Casey is another very good match player as he's shown in this event when it was held in Wentworth. He also made the final of the Accenture this year and has gone well in previous Ryder Cups but he'll be playing his 1st competitive golf since August and this will be his 2nd game of the day which could well catch up with him eventually. I wouldn't be against Kim on normal circumstances at this price but with Casey's fitness still in doubt then I'm happy to take the American in this match.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.