Naas - 18th October

14:55 Naas - 6036.GIF ENDLESS EXPANSE Dance Hall Girl is the clear form pick in this one after two promising starts to date, the latter of which was a good second at the Curragh, she travelled well for a long spell that day but didn't find enough off the bridle and happened to run into a smart prospect from the Weld yard in Enulous. Coincidently it is another well bred newcomer from Dermot Weld's yard in which I will be opposing Dance Hall Girl with today. My selection is ENDLESS EXPANSE who is a filly by Red Ransom out of Desert Ease and although that might suggest she will want further in time her dam won over todays trip as a two year-old. As has been mentioned earlier this yard can get a newcomer fully tuned up for their debut therefore I take this Irish 1000 Guineas entered filly to put up a bold showing here in what looks an interesting race. EW.

Re: Naas - 18th October 15:30 Naas - 186464.GIF MUJAAZEF This is an interesting handicap with plenty of form here and there but I'll start with Puncher Clynch who at first glance looks as if he boasts the best form. Jim Bolger's colt made all in a strong looking nursery beating subsequent Group Two winner Joshua Tree in the process by ¾ of a length, but Joshua Tree was unlucky in running that day and gave alot of weight away to Puncher Clynch as did Famous Warrior who finished 2 and ¾ lengths back in third. This combined with the horse not having his usual claimer on board and the step back to 6f more than likely to incovenience him I can't be backing this horse today. Another horse with form in the race is Dermot Weld's Bygone Age who just held on to win at the Curragh last time out when fending off a decent looking prospect from John Oxx's yard. I feel this horse will keep winning races but might find this too tough a test today. On to my selection, MUJAAZEF, the start to this colt's career was abit of a mixed bag, he showed ability on his first three starts without looking anything special then the penny finally dropped when dropping down in trip to 6f at the Curragh two starts ago when running a blinding race to finish second to subsequent Listed winner Song Of My Heart who is widely regarded as a very bright prospect. The selection only just got touched off that day finishing ½ a length behind the winner who he was giving 4lbs in weight to. That race also featured earlier mentioned rival Bygone Age back in fourth, one and a ½ lengths behind MUJAAZEF. After that bold run the selection was sent off odds-on favourite when stepping back up in trip to 7f at Listowel last time out and for favourite backers he truly obliged when staying on strongly to run out a 3 lengths winner. I feel this horse is still on the upgrade and the step back to 6f should bring out the best in this horse and he should be very hard to beat today. WIN .

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.