Kontinental Hockey League (KHL): October

12.10.2009 18:00 SKA St Petersburg - Ak Bars Kazan SKA has played like a machine this season. Confident win after confident win. They usually don’t allow many goals, and if needed they have plenty of firepower. In many games they have won just on pure class. SKA and Magnitka are only teams that have managed to do so. All other powerhouses have various problems against mediocre teams. SKA rested their main goalie in the last game. So he should be fresh for this battle. Ak Bars is having trouble to find their game. They make many simple mistakes and it’s costing them points. It will be their 3rd straight away game and they lost the previous two. Now, they will face the strongest opponent. I have serious doubts, that Kazan can turn it around against SKA. Well… I predicted once that Kazan will loose against Salavat and it cost me money. But unlike Salavat, SKA is playing very stable and confident hockey every night. First of all odds are too good. One reason is that this game is played in Vilnius, Lithuania. So in reality the game is played on neutral ice. SKA has played well at home and away. Neutral ice shouldn’t be such a big problem to them. Kazan has been traveling for some time. SKA has been playing at home. In theory SKA is a bit more rested, playing great hockey and have beaten Kazan on many occasion before. I also expect big game from A. Yashin, who has a history with Ak Bars (he and Lokomotiv lost to them in the finals). He should be extra motivated. I do have some worries about this game: everything is way too logical and odds are way too sweet! And it’s Kazan, who pulled a “miracle” win against my bet before. But I’ll be consistent and will bet on SKA. Home win. Medium stakes. Good luck! Pick: SKA win. Odds: 2.00 Bookie: Bet365 Stake: 5/10 (flat)