Newmarket 2nd Oct

2.30 Newmarket Lady of the desert looks the one to beat here having run away with the lowther stakes at york and will relish the fast ground, special duties form looks good but not convinced about it though as could well have been a bit weak over in france beating hotshot canford cliffs. 1.5pt win lady of desert 9/4 bet365 4.15 Newmarket Drill sergeant has been trying his luck in group races and hasnt faired to bad and if running anything like his second askar tau couple starts ago, sure to get the trip and likely to push on from the front and make all, rest could well be exposed over this trip. 3pt win drill sergeant 4.50 Newmarket Go dolphin still in good form and bab al salam could well still be well handicapped after just beating a classy sort last time out and only a 4lb rise in weights will also enjoy the fast ground, main threat gonna come from alainmaar who is having his handicap debut but may be a bit harsh and also rumble of thunder has been running with threat but may find this too hot. 1pt win bab al salam

Re: Newmarket 2nd Oct 13:25 - 12865.GIF Blue Maiden 3/1 Bet365 (bog) Blue Maiden was 2nd over C&D LTO in a group 3 race and for me has the best form on offer, there are obviously some likely improver with the likes of Stoute's runner just having the one run so far, however the ones in behind her that day have not gone onto great things, I get the feeling that if Blue Maiden was trainer by one of the bigger boys then she'd be hot favourite, as it stands were getting 3/1 and I think a very good price. 13:55 - 8815.GIF Rio de La Plata @ 4/1 SJ (bog) Beaten over 12 lengths by Confront LTO so this looks a silly bet on papaer but Godolphin's colt was coming back after a long lay off and perhaps did not enjoy the ground, had some solid form in the book last year, was only beaten 2 lengths by Raven's Pass & New Approach last season and we know what both of them went onto win, if reproducing that form he'd make this price look silly. Should give a better account this afternoon. 14:30 - 5710.GIF Lady Of The Desert @ 9/4 Hills Took this bet on Tuesday as I thought the price might shorten but plenty of 9/4 around today. Taking this price now as I think will be alot shorter on Friday, was impressive at Ascot in July and continued in the same manner LTO when scoring at York, there was alot to like about that performence. Having won at group 3 and group 2 level she now steps into group 1 company, over the 6f trip again where both group wins came and she'll be hard to beat here. 15:05 - 5106.GIF Awzaan @ 7/2 Bet365 (bog) Unbeaten in three starts, I backed this one LTO and I was very impressed with the way she done it, cruised into the lead and never really looked like being caught, into Group 1 company now and this is alot tougher but was just the five runners and seeing how well he has performed in previous starts in small fields, worth another shot today.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.