PDC Grand Prix darts

three from me for this event i'm obviously expecting taylor to probably win this however this double start format CAN and HAS been the downfall of the power, Bob Thornton 33/1, the thorn is now just on the edge of a top 16 ranking and a good showing here would get him into the elite, he has'nt had the success like last year but no matter he is a player no one wants to play i know that Taylor rates him and is impressed with his dedication Bob can win here no question and if he gets past gary Anderson in what could be game of the tournament then there is no reason why he can't win. Ronnie Baxter 40/1, can't believ the rocket is priced this long has been superb this season back in the top 6 and throwing as well and consistently as he ever has, his bottle has always been questioned but with his current form 40s is too big not to be backed. Colin Osborne 40/1, i really rate this lad along with Nicholson he should be a major winner in the near future physically fit mentally tough and his technique stands up well to pressure, a great ambassador to darts and this is the type of tournament where we have seen others gain maiden televised PDC victories (Lloyd, Sholten).

Re: PDC Grand Prix darts Tricky outright market this. A lot of the players I usually back for a tournament outright can't be backed in this because they can't hit doubles consistently. That takes out Thornton, Baxter, Lewis and Hamilton. All of which I generally look to when offering outright punts. I'll go with 2 outright. Both to 2 places. 2pts ew M.King to win Grand Prix 35/1 Boylesports It's fairly well known I'm not Mervyn King's biggest fan but I do think this event is set up nicely for him. He's usually very solid and consistent on his doubles and a run to the semi finals here last year shows that the format certainly isn't against him like it is to some. King comes here in decent form having hit a 9 darter in South Africa last weekend and not being in Taylor's half of the draw will help him. Of course he'll have to deal with Wade and Barney to make the final but Wade hasn't looked his normal self all season, showing flashes of good and bad, not to mention his 1st round defeat and defending champion here last year. Barney has had a break which usually works for him but he's shown all year that he's beatable. King's got a solid game and he's my main outright in this. 1pt ew J.Part to win Grand Prix 66/1 Bet365 John Part is a massive price in this format even though he's in Taylor's half of the draw. Let's not forget Taylor is going to have to go past Paul Nicholson and either Lewis or Anderson to make a potential semi with the Canadian. Part himself doesn't have it easy with Lloyd and Jenkins in his section but when he's on form he never misses that D16 and that can be the catalyst for him to progress deep into this tournament. Part has made the final here twice in the past and was a quarter finalist last year, and a semi finalist in 2007 so he's got a decent enough record to make his 66/1 price silly. I'll have a smaller ew bet on the 2008 world champion to rediscover past glories here this week.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.