Rugby League

Guest steve1966

Guest steve1966

Important games this week. Leeds at home to Wigan. Wigan get 8 start with Hills on the handicap coupon but I feel Leeds will blow Wigan away. They won SL by a mile and the pressures on them but I just can't see them making the same mistake like they did against Bradford last week. Whitehaven get 8 start for their match with Leigh and this will be close but Whitehaven have been given a boost with picking up most of the awards at the awards night on tuesday including NL1 team of the year

Re: Rugby League I think Leeds tonight as well......Although i would be inclined to take Wigan with the handicap. Wigan have been practising drop goals ahead of Friday's Super League final eliminator against Leeds at Headingley. The two sides have drawn three times over the last two seasons while a Danny Tickle one-pointer earned Wigan a 23-22 win at the same stage last year. As for the game on Sunday....Leigh v Whitehaven....i have a horrible feeling the ref will make some dubious descions that will rob Whitehaven of a victory....Its a well known fact that Super League PLC....do not want a Cumbrian club in Super league....as was seen seven or eight year ago when they fiddled it for Workington to be relegated ( thats another story ) Anyway......i really hope i will be proved wrong....and Haven will triumph.....:p

Nat League play-off Final This Final - is the winner guaranteed to be promoted? I don't know a lot about either team, but am sure that neither have been in Superleague, and I look forward to some new blood. I know Leigh usually find only the relegated side too good for them, so I suppose this year they must be fancying their chances.